AUSTRALIA: Coles Shares Slip, Consider Buyback Delay
The Australian economic downturn and the collapse of margins in clothing sales is forcing retailer Coles Myer to consider scaling back or delaying an anticipated $450m off-marker share buyback, the Australian Financial Review reported today. A retail analyst believed the buyback talk was one of a number of factors affecting Coles Myer shares today, with a weekend newspaper report highlighting a sudden retail sales drop in recent times.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Tailored Brands, Genesco
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth