Collaboration raises the bar on stretch denim
Innovative stretch denim solutions incorporating Lycra have been showcased by fibre producer Invista and Turkish denim mill Calik Denim in a bid to raise the bar on stretch fabrics.
The developments follow the launch of the Elastech concept last season to help jeans keep their shape and avoid bagging. Calik Denim has now taken this to the next level with Circular Elastech, a multi-angular stretch denim design powered by Lycra dualFX technology in both warp and weft. Lycra dualFX yarn incorporates Lycra fibre for super stretch and Lycra T400 fibre for recovery.
"Our aim is to create a new standard in denim," explains Hamit Yenici, managing director of Calik Denim. "In the past, bi-stretch fabrics had a natural tendency to grow in the seat and knee areas after repeated wear. Circular Elastech with Lycra dualFX technology gives a genuine full range of motion, while conforming to the wearer's body to enhance their freedom of movement."
Calik Denim has also unveiled its brand new Curve fabric concept which again uses Lycra dualFX fabric technology. Curve optimises the power of a high-elasticity jean giving a more balanced proportion to the body and helping the wearer achieve a more slender look.
"Our consumer research continues to find that comfort, fit, and shape retention are key purchase motivators for denim garments," adds Jean Hegedus, global segment director for denim, at Invista Apparel. Invista is one of the world's largest integrated producers of polymers and fibres, and owner of the Lycra brand.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Turkish denim mill Calik Denim has revealed an innovative stretch denim fabric incorporating Lycra dualFX technology from fibre producer Invista that offers a new alternative to traditional material f...
This report provides information on the latest developments in apparel for firefighters....
The government of India is considering imposing an anti-dumping duty on imports of elastomeric filament yarn from China, South Korea, Taiwan, and Vietnam....
This report provides information on the latest developments in anti-counterfeiting, environmentally sustainable materials, environmentally sustainable water repellent treatments, fabric technologies, ...
This report analyses some of the latest developments and innovations in the global apparel industry, including: apparel manufacturing techniques; denim fabrics; environmentally sustainable dyes; fabri...
This report analyses some of the latest developments and innovations in the global apparel industry....
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts