US: Collective Brands CFO to retire
Ullrich E Porzig, the senior vice president and CFO of Collective Brands, has announced his retirement.
The footwear group said it is continuing its search for his successor.
Porzig has served the company for more than 14 years in positions of increasing responsibility in finance functions, Collective Brands said.
"Rick is a highly-respected leader who has made numerous meaningful contributions to our company's success throughout his career," said Matthew E Rubel, chairman, chief executive officer and president.
"I have personally enjoyed working with Rick, and I am extremely grateful for the knowledge, perspective and counsel Rick has brought to the company each and every day."
As part of a planned succession process, Porzig will continue in his current role until September 2008.
One-off gains and steady sales helped footwear operator Collective Brands to nearly double its third quarter profit to US$47.5m....
US footwear company Collective Brands has promoted Douglas Boessen to the post of division senior vice president, chief financial officer and treasurer....
Casual footwear maker Keds has appointed Kristin Kohler Burrows as its new president, with responsibility for helping to reinvigorate the Keds, PRO-Keds and Grasshoppers brands....
Footwear retailer Payless ShoeSource is to launch a low-priced eco-friendly shoe and handbag line and has signed an eco consultant to help drive 'green' innovation across the range....
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- US Q3 in brief – Sears, Vince Holding, Genesco
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth