US: Collective Brands CFO to retire
Ullrich E Porzig, the senior vice president and CFO of Collective Brands, has announced his retirement.
The footwear group said it is continuing its search for his successor.
Porzig has served the company for more than 14 years in positions of increasing responsibility in finance functions, Collective Brands said.
"Rick is a highly-respected leader who has made numerous meaningful contributions to our company's success throughout his career," said Matthew E Rubel, chairman, chief executive officer and president.
"I have personally enjoyed working with Rick, and I am extremely grateful for the knowledge, perspective and counsel Rick has brought to the company each and every day."
As part of a planned succession process, Porzig will continue in his current role until September 2008.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
One-off gains and steady sales helped footwear operator Collective Brands to nearly double its third quarter profit to US$47.5m....
US footwear company Collective Brands has promoted Douglas Boessen to the post of division senior vice president, chief financial officer and treasurer....
Casual footwear maker Keds has appointed Kristin Kohler Burrows as its new president, with responsibility for helping to reinvigorate the Keds, PRO-Keds and Grasshoppers brands....
Footwear retailer Payless ShoeSource is to launch a low-priced eco-friendly shoe and handbag line and has signed an eco consultant to help drive 'green' innovation across the range....
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- Bangladesh government steps in on labour crackdown
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022