US: Collective Brands inks licence deals for ten countries
Collective Brands has inked new licence agreements to take a number of its brands to Mexico, Indonesia, Japan, five South American countries, and the Czech Republic.
"Teaming with the right strategic partner in each market is critical to the successful international expansion of our brands," said Gregg Ribatt, CEO of Collective Brands' Performance + Lifestyle Group.
Brand included in the deals are Saucony, Sperry Top-Sider, Keds and PRO-Keds.
Under the agreements announced yesterday (21 February) is a wholesale distribution pact with Tavistock Group Mexico to re-introduce Saucony and Sperry Top-Sider. The brands will be sold through premium and speciality retail outlets across the country.
The group has also entered a manufacturing license agreement with Lifegear and sub-licensee Toho Lamac to design, manufacture and distribute Keds and Pro-Keds products for the Japanese market through wholesale partners.
Sperry Top-Sider products will be introduced to Indonesia through a deal with Map Active, Asia's largest sports and leisure retailer.
And Swiss Sports will distribute Sperry and Keds in Bolivia, Motociclo sports will distribute Saucony in Uruguay, and Tecaryn will sell Keds and Sperry in Uruguay.
There are also agreements to re-introduce Sperry and Keds in Chile and Peru with Swiss Sports, and another with SAV for Saucony in Argentina.
Terms of the deals were not disclosed.
Collective Brands' shareholders are to vote next week on whether to approve a US$2bn deal that will see the company sold to Wolverine Worldwide and two private equity firms....
Footwear maker Wolverine Worldwide posted a 15.2% decline in second-quarter net earnings amid continued macroeconomic uncertainty in Europe....
Collective Brands, the owner of the Payless ShoeSource and Stride Rite chains, has posted a 25.7% jump in first quarter net income on the back of rising revenue....
- Africa courts clothing and textile investment
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Li & Fung capital helps PLM firm expand into Asia
- Bangladesh Accord calls on firms for more funding
- Diversification a key focus for Under Armour
- Adidas investigating Cambodia faintings
- Footwear “facing increased compliance challenges"
- Matalan defends its position on Bangladesh
- Arrests made at US REI/North Face protests
- North Face commits to 100% recycled polyester
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report