PHILIPPINES: Collective Brands inks wholesale shoe deal
The move is part of the company’s international growth strategy, and will see local firm Iconic Advantage broaden the reach of the Keds fashion sneaker brand as well as launch both the Saucony running brand and the Sperry Top-Sider nautical lifestyle brand in the country.
Iconic Advantage, headquartered in Manila, is a licensee, distributor and retailer of international footwear and apparel brands, with a national network of hundreds of points of sale and 20 wholly owned retail stores.
The Philippines is a new market for Sperry and Saucony footwear products, while Keds has been available in a limited manner in the country for a few years.
“The Philippines is the 12th largest country by population with more than 97m people, many of whom enjoy shoe shopping and aspire for the latest footwear fashion, technology and innovation,” said Gregg Ribatt, president and CEO of the Performance + Lifestyle Group.
Although financial terms were not disclosed, the wholesale agreement is a multi-year deal.
TradeCard Inc, the supply chain collaboration platform used by retailers, brands and manufacturers, is expanding in Asia with the addition of former Kurt Salmon consultant Cliff Entrekin to its busine...
Footwear firm Collective Brands has inked new distribution agreements to expand its Sperry Top-Sider, Keds and Saucony brands internationally....
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read articles on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story. ...
- DENIM DAYS: Jeans innovation bursting at the seams
- How will TPP emerge from fast-track trade bill?
- Adidas pushing self-governance for suppliers
- Rana Plaza two years on: Challenges and concerns
- US fashion industry applauds trade bills package
- Under Armour hailed "next global athletic company"
- Myanmar garment workers strike deal
- Orta and Garmon launch denim chemical screening
- Gap’s woes “not so easy to fix”
- Wal-Mart simplifies management structure