PHILIPPINES: Collective Brands inks wholesale shoe deal
The move is part of the company’s international growth strategy, and will see local firm Iconic Advantage broaden the reach of the Keds fashion sneaker brand as well as launch both the Saucony running brand and the Sperry Top-Sider nautical lifestyle brand in the country.
Iconic Advantage, headquartered in Manila, is a licensee, distributor and retailer of international footwear and apparel brands, with a national network of hundreds of points of sale and 20 wholly owned retail stores.
The Philippines is a new market for Sperry and Saucony footwear products, while Keds has been available in a limited manner in the country for a few years.
“The Philippines is the 12th largest country by population with more than 97m people, many of whom enjoy shoe shopping and aspire for the latest footwear fashion, technology and innovation,” said Gregg Ribatt, president and CEO of the Performance + Lifestyle Group.
Although financial terms were not disclosed, the wholesale agreement is a multi-year deal.
TradeCard Inc, the supply chain collaboration platform used by retailers, brands and manufacturers, is expanding in Asia with the addition of former Kurt Salmon consultant Cliff Entrekin to its busine...
Footwear firm Collective Brands has inked new distribution agreements to expand its Sperry Top-Sider, Keds and Saucony brands internationally....
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read articles on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story. ...
- Expensive US dollar hitting H&M sourcing costs
- 2015: Welcome to the new fashion consumer
- Enthusiasm for tech in outdoor apparel on rise
- Apparel industry gains traction says IAF chief
- Performance apparel set for continued growth
- Kanati pulls production out of Pakistan
- Sears Holdings cuts 115 corporate jobs
- H&M Q4 mixed but plans 400 new stores
- Gap removes creative director Rebekka Bay
- UK clothing sales see strongest rise in two years
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead