US: Collective Brands to shut 475 Payless, Stride Rite stores
Footwear retailer Collective Brands Inc plans to close about 475 under-performing Payless and Stride Rite Children's stores in the next three years, as well as explore strategic options for the business as a whole, after swinging to a second quarter loss of $35m.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- New wage ladder lifts workers towards living wages
- New scenarios driving sustainability in textiles
- US retailers to face logistics issues into 2015
- Uzbekistan forces more adults into cotton harvest
- African apparel sector needs cooperation to thrive
- Bangladesh worker dies as factory boiler ruptures
- Coats launches new services business in Vietnam
- Eight footwear factories lead on social compliance
- Global unions join forces on apparel wage poverty
- US firms eye Vietnam footwear growth ahead of TPP