AUSTRALIA: Colorado Buys Diana Ferrari Footwear Firm
Footwear and apparel retailer and wholesaler Colorado Group Ltd has
acquired Diana Ferrari Pty Ltd, and will add this footwear brand to its Colorado and JAG brands.
The purchase price for Diana Ferrari includes $10.3 million for the trademarks and ongoing business, $4.5 million for inventory, and a conditional earn out of $3 million over two years.
Managing director of Colorado Group, Mr Rowan Webb, said key considerations in the deal had been the retention of the founder and key executive in the business, John Kirkhope, who had agreed to a three-year contract.
"Diana Ferrari is a great Australian footwear icon with an exciting future. The brand has recently been extended into women's clothing and accessories, with the launch of two Diana Ferrari branded concept stores in Melbourne, opening another source of potential growth."
Mr Webb said the acquisition fitted perfectly with the company's strategy of building a strong portfolio of mid-market brands.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Clothing and shoe retailer Colorado Group said its full-year earnings took a 19.1% dive, caused by stock difficulties and sluggish consumer spending....
High-street fashion favourite Hennes & Mauritz is to open a store on the trendy Hollywood Boulevard in Los Angeles....
Stage Stores has appointed a new COO and president....
Federated Department Stores said it would close five distribution centres in 2006 as part of its realignment of the Macy's business....
Golf apparel and outerwear company Sport-Haley has signed a joint venture deal with apparel manufacturer and marketer Explorer Gear USA to make and market Top-Flite branded apparel to Wal-Mart Stores ...
Outdoor apparel and shoe company Timberland has signed a definitive deal to buy apparel and socks company SmartWool....
Shoe and clothing retailer Colorado Group Ltd today reported a 41 per cent drop in half-yearly net profit to $A7.6 million....
Floundering department store retailer Mervyns LLC says continuing losses are causing it to shut almost a quarter of its stores at the cost of 4,800 jobs....
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Britain’s Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trad
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022