UK: Colour Management Accreditation At Courtaulds Socks
Courtaulds Socks has become that latest company to pass the Marks and Spencer accreditation process utilising a Color Eye 7000A spectrophotometer from GretagMacbeth. This is one of several examples where a GretagMacbeth system has been successfully implemented while adhering to Marks and Spencer's C-41 specification, and confirms that members of the supply chain now have another tool to help them solve the challenges of colour management. Jim Davis, president of GretagMacbeth LLC, comments: "This is a positive step for the entire textile industry. It provides specifiers like Marks and Spencer, textile dyers and cut and sew manufacturers access to a broader range of solutions from multiple solutions providers. This broader access will encourage a faster rate of innovation and the development of new technologies."Janet Best, manager of Marks and Spencer's colour management team adds: "We have always encouraged the expansion of solution choices for our vendors. At the same time we must continue our diligence to ensure Marks and Spencer's specifications and processes are adhered to. We are pleased to see that GretagMacbeth has successfully met our criteria. This enables our vendor's flexibility to pursue new approaches to the challenges of the industry." The Marks and Spencer accreditors are Intertek, PPT, STR, ITF France and Shenka College.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- US Q4 in brief – PVH Corp, J Crew, Perry Ellis
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- PVH Corp to acquire e-commerce retailer True&Co
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective