UK: Columbia inks global sock license with Delta Galil
The deal will see Delta Galil develop, produce and distribute Columbia's seasonal collections of outdoor performance socks for men and women, including hiking socks, trail running socks, hunting socks, outdoor lifestyle socks, ski socks and snowboard socks.
The first collection will be distributed at Columbia retail stores, big box sporting goods retailers, as well as select department and specialty stores worldwide.
"Columbia is one of the most well-respected brands in the sports and outdoor industry and a great addition to our licensed portfolio," said Isaac Dabah, CEO of Delta Galil.
"We look forward to applying our strength in design, product and material innovation and global distribution to grow the Columbia brand and our own business."
Columbia Sportswear is shifting to a joint venture model in China through a partnership with distributor Swire Resources. ...
Italian businessman Silvio Scaglia, the founder of telecoms operator Fastweb, has acquired struggling upmarket lingerie maker La Perla following an auction at a bankruptcy court in Bologna. ...
Israel-based apparel business Delta Galil has reported a 69% increase in first-quarter net profit, boosted by higher sales in all regions....
Clothing company Perry Ellis has entered into a licensing deal with apparel business Delta Galil USA to develop, produce and distribute Original Penguin men's underwear and loungewear....
- Yarn-forward rules weigh on Vietnam TPP potential
- Is China really going through a slump?
- Footwear to see "significant" gains from TPP
- TPP likely to lead to rise in US apparel imports
- Can supplier ratings reform purchasing practices?
- Gap to close 75 stores amid "disastrous" Q1
- H&M criticised for India, Cambodia labour abuses
- US Q1 in brief: Buckle, Destination XL
- Victoria's Secret discontinue swimwear to simplify
- Labour may limit Malaysia TPP apparel shipments