UK: Columbia inks global sock license with Delta Galil
The deal will see Delta Galil develop, produce and distribute Columbia's seasonal collections of outdoor performance socks for men and women, including hiking socks, trail running socks, hunting socks, outdoor lifestyle socks, ski socks and snowboard socks.
The first collection will be distributed at Columbia retail stores, big box sporting goods retailers, as well as select department and specialty stores worldwide.
"Columbia is one of the most well-respected brands in the sports and outdoor industry and a great addition to our licensed portfolio," said Isaac Dabah, CEO of Delta Galil.
"We look forward to applying our strength in design, product and material innovation and global distribution to grow the Columbia brand and our own business."
Columbia Sportswear is shifting to a joint venture model in China through a partnership with distributor Swire Resources. ...
Italian businessman Silvio Scaglia, the founder of telecoms operator Fastweb, has acquired struggling upmarket lingerie maker La Perla following an auction at a bankruptcy court in Bologna. ...
Israel-based apparel business Delta Galil has reported a 69% increase in first-quarter net profit, boosted by higher sales in all regions....
Clothing company Perry Ellis has entered into a licensing deal with apparel business Delta Galil USA to develop, produce and distribute Original Penguin men's underwear and loungewear....
- TPP trade pact in milestone signing by 12 nations
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- Esquel backs Chinese Sea Island cotton production
- Cheap polyester contributes to cotton import shift
- Under Armour defends questions over strategy
- Southeast Asia – a strategic sourcing review
- H&M and Primark price rivalry reaches equilibrium
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- Ethiopia textile and apparel exports lagging
- Hanesbrands Q4 performance “disappoints”
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024