UK: Columbia inks global sock license with Delta Galil
The deal will see Delta Galil develop, produce and distribute Columbia's seasonal collections of outdoor performance socks for men and women, including hiking socks, trail running socks, hunting socks, outdoor lifestyle socks, ski socks and snowboard socks.
The first collection will be distributed at Columbia retail stores, big box sporting goods retailers, as well as select department and specialty stores worldwide.
"Columbia is one of the most well-respected brands in the sports and outdoor industry and a great addition to our licensed portfolio," said Isaac Dabah, CEO of Delta Galil.
"We look forward to applying our strength in design, product and material innovation and global distribution to grow the Columbia brand and our own business."
Columbia Sportswear is shifting to a joint venture model in China through a partnership with distributor Swire Resources. ...
Italian businessman Silvio Scaglia, the founder of telecoms operator Fastweb, has acquired struggling upmarket lingerie maker La Perla following an auction at a bankruptcy court in Bologna. ...
Israel-based apparel business Delta Galil has reported a 69% increase in first-quarter net profit, boosted by higher sales in all regions....
Clothing company Perry Ellis has entered into a licensing deal with apparel business Delta Galil USA to develop, produce and distribute Original Penguin men's underwear and loungewear....
- Synergies Worldwide CEO unravels sourcing shifts
- Rana Plaza three years on – Timeline of change
- Bangladesh still needs reforms to fix factories
- First figures show Bangladesh exports climb
- Collaboration key to the future of smart textiles
- Hanesbrands to buy Pacific Brands for $800m
- BHS lacks relevance as it files for administration
- US Q1 in brief: Carter's, Columbia Sportswear, Ske
- Improving traceability a key industry challenge
- Aeropostale delisted from New York Stock Exchange