USA: Columbia Names New GMM, Men's Apparel
The newly created position is part of a corporate apparel initiative to make the segment gender-driven instead of product category focused.
Koppes play a key role in the general management and global leadership for the men's apparel division, which includes developing and executing the brand's global, strategic merchandising plan, managing the men's merchandising strategy from prototype concepts through to delivery of final product lines, and managing product interactions with key retail channels.
Koppes previously served at sportswear giant Nike Inc16 years, where held positions including product line manager, apparel merchandise manager, marketing director, apparel business director, global merchandise director and men's apparel general manager in corporate and international locations.
He said: "The hands-on approach the company takes in the design process, listening to the customer, and working with the retail channels were primary drivers behind my decision to join this great company."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Textiles and clothing make up Thailand's largest manufacturing industry, with more than 4,500 factories employing over one million people. The sector accounts for approximately 20 per cent of total em...
Sportswear giant adidas has clinched a long-term partnership deal with tennis superstar Andre Agassi, who previously held a contract with archrival Nike....
Independent music label Dischord Records has forced sportswear giant Nike Inc to apologise for unlawfully using artwork from a punk-rock record cover in a promotional campaign for skateboarding appar...
Nike Inc, the world's biggest athletic-shoe maker, said fourth-quarter earnings rose 15 percent, encouraged by sales of high- priced Air Jordan and Shox sneakers....
Shoe chain Payless ShoeSource Inc has secured Matthew Rubel, a former executive of sportswear giant Nike Inc, as its new chief executive officer from July onwards....
Men's and women's apparel company Perry Ellis International Inc has named Al Derago senior vice president of the Nike swim division, effective today....
Sportswear giant Nike Inc has warned football club Manchester United that it may pull out of their £303 million sponsorship deal if the club doesn't improve its performance....
TradeCard Inc, a provider of on-demand financial supply chain products, is being used by Columbia Sportswear Company to automate trade transactions with international suppliers from purchase order del...
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Investment continues in Ethiopia clothing sector
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- US Q1 in brief – Steve Madden, Skechers
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts