USA: Columbia Signs Canadian Sock Deal
The collection of men's, women's and children's socks will be available in stores from next spring after the firm signed a licensing agreement with Canada-based sock maker Lamour Inc.
"Lamour is well-respected throughout the Canadian sock industry for its dedication to quality and innovation," said Tim Boyle, Columbia's president and chief executive officer.
"We are very excited about the business opportunities that await Columbia with the launch of this program."
Lamour vice-president, Marty Lieberman, added: "We're very enthusiastic about the association with Columbia Sportswear. Both companies have a successful history of serving outdoor consumers, and we're confident that the Canadian collection we produce for Columbia will complement the company's existing product offering and thereby satisfy our Canadian customers.".
Companies: Columbia Sportswear Company
Outdoor clothing firm Columbia Sportswear has suffered a 3.1 per cent slip in third-quarter net profit on decreases in outerwear and accessories demand....
Active apparel business Columbia Sportswear Company has appointed ex-Nike manager Mark Koppes to the newly created position of general merchandise manager, men's apparel....
Columbia Sportswear Company has named Brad Gebhard as vice president of footwear as of October....
Active wear group Columbia Sportswear Company says that president of the Sorel division, Mike Prendergast, has quit the company with immediate effect....
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Modern Slavery Act boosts supply chain engagement
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020