US: Columbia Sportswear expands e-commerce network
US outdoor apparel firm Columbia Sportswear Company has announced plans to expand its e-commerce operations to Canada and up to eight key markets across Europe in Fall 2011.
The company said it also plans to launch new e-commerce sites for its flagship Columbia brand, together with its Sorel footwear brand.
Its European launch includes the UK, Germany, France, Italy, Netherlands, Belgium, Austria, and Spain.
Christian Finell, general manager of Columbia’s Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA) region, said: "We see e-commerce as an important tool that helps us fulfill our responsibility to build a strong brand for the benefit of customers and all of our business partners. E-Commerce is an essential brand platform that allows us to bring our brands to life and help people find the styles they need to enjoy the outdoors."
Outdoor apparel, footwear firm Columbia Sportswear Company has expanded its online presence with the launch of new Columbia and Sorel branded e-commerce sites in Canada and eight European countries....
The following is a round-up of apparel and footwear news from the world's local media. just-style has not checked these stories so cannot guarantee their accuracy....
US footwear firm Brown Shoe Company has shuffled its American Sporting Goods (ASG) leadership team with the appointments of four vice presidents....
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- US Q3 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, HanesBrands
- Primark sourcing chief Gordon steps down
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report