US: Columbia Sportswear in "heated" lawsuit
A lawsuit has been filed against Columbia Sportswear by Eugene-based Innovative Sports over heated clothing.
Innovative Sports designed and developed technology for heated clothing and disclosed those ideas to Columbia Sportswear during meetings, according to the claim.
Following this, Columbia Sportswear, as well as Washington firms The Allyn Group and NCS Power allegedly breached the non-disclosure agreement by producing heated products using Innovative Sports' technology. The complaint relates to Columbia Sportswear's currently available Omni-Heat Electric heated apparel line and its discontinued 2009 collection of heated jackets.
Innovative Sports is seeking monetary damages for breach of contract and misappropriation of trade secrets. The company aims to stop Columbia Sportswear from producing heated sportswear.
A spokesperson for Columbia Sportswear told just-style this afternoon that the company is reviewing the claim, which is pending litigation. "We are not believing it has any merit," he added.
Featured reports from just-style's research store this week include a look at global technical textiles, a report on the clothing and footwear market in Russia, and a company profile on Foot Locker....
Michael McCormick, executive vice president of global sales and marketing at outdoor apparel and footwear firm Columbia Sportswear, has resigned for personal reasons....
A US court is set to decide later this month whether to go ahead with a lawsuit involving Columbia Sportswear and Innovative Sports over technology used to produce heated clothing....
Outdoor apparel and footwear firm Columbia Sportswear has signed a joint venture deal with Swire Resources to expand the company's Mountain Hardwear brand in China....
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- India's labour law reforms edge a step closer
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- Retailers voice concerns on Scottish independence
- H&M goes green with Conscious Denim
- Under Armour "resonating strongly" with consumers
- TPP talks "make progress" but issues remain
- Adidas defends position despite investor unrest
- Ultrasonic execs disappear along with company cash
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details