CHINA: Columbia Sportswear inks Mountain Hardwear JV
Outdoor apparel and footwear firm Columbia Sportswear has signed a joint venture deal with Swire Resources to expand the company's Mountain Hardwear brand in China.
Columbia Sportswear will own 60% of the joint venture, while sports retail chain Swire Resources will own the remaining 40% stake.
Under the agreement, Columbia expects to reach double-digit sales growth in 2012 and continue expanding its dealer-operated and own retail stores in more cities in the future.
The joint venture is expected to start operating on 1 January 2014, and will be headquartered in Shanghai. It carries an initial term of 20 years and Columbia will have the option to buy Swire's minority interest after five years.
"Swire's expertise and deep understanding of Chinese consumers are vital to driving continued growth of our brands in this important market," said Tim Boyle, Columbia's president and chief executive officer.
The transaction is subject to various conditions, including regulatory approval in China.
Swire Resources has been Columbia's distributor of its Mountain Hardwear and own-brand products in China since 2004 and in Hong Kong and Macau since 2002.
Seven models of heated jackets made by Columbia Sportswear have been recalled because of a burn hazard caused by a potentially overheating inner cuff. ...
The growing interest in nature and outdoor activities coupled with an increased awareness of the importance of maintaining a healthy lifestyle has raised the profile of the performance outdoor apparel...
Outdoor apparel and footwear business Columbia Sportswear lowered its fourth quarter sales and earnings forecasts, blaming reduced customer traffic and mild weather....
This report includes new information on the latest developments in: cosmetotextiles; e-commerce technology; environmentally friendly apparel, fibres, and finishing treatments; fabrics for performance ...
Delta Galil Industries is to be the exclusive licensee of Columbia Sportswear's global sock business beginning with the autumn 2013 season....
Outdoor apparel and footwear firm Columbia Sportswear has recalled more of the battery packs sold with some of its electrically heated jackets, over fears they could overheat and pose a fire hazard....
Singapore-based apparel company Ocean Sky is set to be acquired by Luen Thai Holdings for US$55m. ...
Outdoor apparel and footwear firm Columbia Sportswear has recalled a number of battery packs sold with certain electric jackets because they could overheat, posing the risk of burns injuries or fire h...
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Change management key to PLM project success
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies