NETHERLANDS: Columbia Sportswear Installs Warehouse Management System
Manhattan Associates, Inc (Nasdaq: MANH), announced today Columbia Sportswear Company's® (Nasdaq: COLM) second successful installation of the PkMS® advanced warehouse management system in Woudenberg, The Netherlands.The project team took a phased approach to the implementation, installing inbound functionality in April 2000. By June, the company was fully utilizing PkMS' robust outbound functionality, making shipments to more than 9,000 retail locations."Going live in two phases reduced potential problems," said Dan Dougherty, Columbia Sportswear's technical services manager. "During the transition to PkMS, Manhattan Associates' implementation expertise helped us ensure complete system integrity while product continued to flow through our facility."Columbia Sportswear has been a customer since 1999, initially installing PkMS at their Portland, Oregon facility during a massive revamp of the company's fulfillment operations. The revamp included a physical expansion of their facility as well as the installation of a new ERP and a new database management system. "We are one of Manhattan Associates most complicated customers," said Dougherty. "We're pushing the envelope with high volumes, varying fulfillment requirements and interfacing to a lot of materials handling equipment. Manhattan Associates' implementation team's responsiveness and dedication to our project was a key factor in our success.""Our account management program enabled us to stay aligned with Columbia Sportswear's changing business environment after the initial PkMS installation," said Jeffrey Victor, vice president of client relations and support services. "This enabled us to leverage our mutual experiences to deploy a pan-European fulfillment solution that met the aggressive implementation schedule."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Where next for Corporate Human Rights Benchmark?
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Adidas mulls roll-out of in-store customisation
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing