US/CANADA: Columbia Sportswear jackets recalled on burn risk
Seven models of heated jackets made by Columbia Sportswear have been recalled because of a burn hazard caused by a potentially overheating inner cuff.
The jackets, of which about 9,600 have been sold in the US and 640 in Canada, were recalled after the company received reports of one incident each in Canada and Europe.
No injuries were reported, but consumers have been advised to disconnect both batteries in their pouches and contact Columbia Sportswear for a refund.
The polyester jackets include seven models of Columbia Omni-Heat jackets - Men's Circuit Breaker II, Electro Amp, Electro Interchange, Electric Big Game Interchange, and Women's Circuit Breaker II, Electro Amp and Electro Interchange jackets.
No incidents have so far been reported in the US.
The outdoor apparel and footwear firm has already recalled a number of the the battery packs sold with some of its electrically heated jackets, over fears they could overheat and pose a fire hazard.
Outdoor apparel and footwear firm Columbia Sportswear has narrowed its second-quarter losses, after warmer weather improved sell-through of its spring merchandise....
Columbia Sportswear is shifting to a joint venture model in China through a partnership with distributor Swire Resources. ...
Outdoor apparel footwear firm Columbia Sportswear has appointed former Mexx executive Shawn Cox to the newly-created position of senior vice president of retail....
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- Brexit Trade Focus – How a CANZ-UK FTA stacks up
- How virtual garments could shape fashion retail
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- EU and US dispute China raw materials duties
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis