US/CANADA: Columbia Sportswear jackets recalled on burn risk
Seven models of heated jackets made by Columbia Sportswear have been recalled because of a burn hazard caused by a potentially overheating inner cuff.
The jackets, of which about 9,600 have been sold in the US and 640 in Canada, were recalled after the company received reports of one incident each in Canada and Europe.
No injuries were reported, but consumers have been advised to disconnect both batteries in their pouches and contact Columbia Sportswear for a refund.
The polyester jackets include seven models of Columbia Omni-Heat jackets - Men's Circuit Breaker II, Electro Amp, Electro Interchange, Electric Big Game Interchange, and Women's Circuit Breaker II, Electro Amp and Electro Interchange jackets.
No incidents have so far been reported in the US.
The outdoor apparel and footwear firm has already recalled a number of the the battery packs sold with some of its electrically heated jackets, over fears they could overheat and pose a fire hazard.
Global market review of performance outdoor apparel – forecasts to 2018
The growing interest in nature and outdoor activities coupled with an increased awareness of the importance of maintaining a healthy lifestyle has raised the profile of the performance outdoor apparel...read more
Outdoor apparel and footwear firm Columbia Sportswear has narrowed its second-quarter losses, after warmer weather improved sell-through of its spring merchandise....
The growing interest in nature and outdoor activities coupled with an increased awareness of the importance of maintaining a healthy lifestyle has raised the profile of the performance outdoor apparel...
Columbia Sportswear is shifting to a joint venture model in China through a partnership with distributor Swire Resources. ...
This report includes new information on the latest developments in: cosmetotextiles; e-commerce technology; environmentally friendly apparel, fibres, and finishing treatments; fabrics for performance ...
Outdoor apparel footwear firm Columbia Sportswear has appointed former Mexx executive Shawn Cox to the newly-created position of senior vice president of retail....
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the performance apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corpora...
This report provides information on the latest developments in: antimicrobial sewing thread; carbon nanotube fibres; compression garments; environmentally friendly finishing treatments; environmentall...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Sports and Fitness Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Sports Apparel, and Fitness Clothing. The report provides separate comprehe...
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Change management key to PLM project success
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change