US/CANADA: Columbia Sportswear jackets recalled on burn risk
Seven models of heated jackets made by Columbia Sportswear have been recalled because of a burn hazard caused by a potentially overheating inner cuff.
The jackets, of which about 9,600 have been sold in the US and 640 in Canada, were recalled after the company received reports of one incident each in Canada and Europe.
No injuries were reported, but consumers have been advised to disconnect both batteries in their pouches and contact Columbia Sportswear for a refund.
The polyester jackets include seven models of Columbia Omni-Heat jackets - Men's Circuit Breaker II, Electro Amp, Electro Interchange, Electric Big Game Interchange, and Women's Circuit Breaker II, Electro Amp and Electro Interchange jackets.
No incidents have so far been reported in the US.
The outdoor apparel and footwear firm has already recalled a number of the the battery packs sold with some of its electrically heated jackets, over fears they could overheat and pose a fire hazard.
Outdoor apparel and footwear firm Columbia Sportswear has narrowed its second-quarter losses, after warmer weather improved sell-through of its spring merchandise....
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the performance apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corpora...
Columbia Sportswear is shifting to a joint venture model in China through a partnership with distributor Swire Resources. ...
This report provides information on the latest developments in: antimicrobial sewing thread; carbon nanotube fibres; compression garments; environmentally friendly finishing treatments; environmentall...
- SOURCING: Production problems weigh on Pakistan
- Cutting-edge companies focus on consumer needs
- Speed to market key to Adidas 2020 growth plan
- SuperGroup to adapt sourcing model for speed
- What next for smart fabrics and garments?
- Major Ethiopia textile build experiences delays
- Swedish textile water project to expand globally
- PVH “pleased” after swinging to Q4 profit
- Organic cotton assessment tool launches
- Apparel and textiles rank high on EU alert system
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019