US/CANADA: Columbia Sportswear jackets recalled on burn risk
Seven models of heated jackets made by Columbia Sportswear have been recalled because of a burn hazard caused by a potentially overheating inner cuff.
The jackets, of which about 9,600 have been sold in the US and 640 in Canada, were recalled after the company received reports of one incident each in Canada and Europe.
No injuries were reported, but consumers have been advised to disconnect both batteries in their pouches and contact Columbia Sportswear for a refund.
The polyester jackets include seven models of Columbia Omni-Heat jackets - Men's Circuit Breaker II, Electro Amp, Electro Interchange, Electric Big Game Interchange, and Women's Circuit Breaker II, Electro Amp and Electro Interchange jackets.
No incidents have so far been reported in the US.
The outdoor apparel and footwear firm has already recalled a number of the the battery packs sold with some of its electrically heated jackets, over fears they could overheat and pose a fire hazard.
Global market review of performance outdoor apparel – forecasts to 2018
The growing interest in nature and outdoor activities coupled with an increased awareness of the importance of maintaining a healthy lifestyle has raised the profile of the performance outdoor apparel...read more
Outdoor apparel and footwear firm Columbia Sportswear has narrowed its second-quarter losses, after warmer weather improved sell-through of its spring merchandise....
The growing interest in nature and outdoor activities coupled with an increased awareness of the importance of maintaining a healthy lifestyle has raised the profile of the performance outdoor apparel...
Columbia Sportswear is shifting to a joint venture model in China through a partnership with distributor Swire Resources. ...
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the performance apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corpora...
Outdoor apparel footwear firm Columbia Sportswear has appointed former Mexx executive Shawn Cox to the newly-created position of senior vice president of retail....
This report provides information on the latest developments in: antimicrobial sewing thread; carbon nanotube fibres; compression garments; environmentally friendly finishing treatments; environmentall...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Sports and Fitness Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Sports Apparel, and Fitness Clothing. The report provides separate comprehe...
Clothing made from temperature control fabrics plays a critical role in boosting the physiological comfort of the wearer -- and such comfort can have a vital role to play in the performance of an athl...
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Who has signed the Bangladesh safety accord?
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- H&M and The North Face commit to responsible down
- Cambodia clothing factory collapse injures eight
- Bangladesh taps factory inspectors ahead of review
- Coats to open new zip factory in Bangladesh
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam