USA: Columbia Sportswear Makes Management Changes
International outdoor apparel and footwear manufacturer Columbia Sportswear Company (Nasdaq:COLM) today announced the promotion of Mark Sandquist to general manager of sportswear merchandising. For the past six years Sandquist served as the men's sportswear merchandise manager.Columbia also announced the promotion of Sherrie Curtin to merchandise manager of both men's and women's sportswear. Curtin previously managed the women's category for the company."Columbia's sportswear division is one of the company's fastest-growing parts of the business in terms of both sales and profitability," said Bob Masin, general merchandising manager. "Both Mark and Sherrie have been instrumental in building this portion of our business, and their leadership and expertise will play a crucial role in the continued success of our sportswear category."In addition, the management of Columbia's Performance GRT sportswear category has been assigned to Dave Robinson, general manager of hunting, fishing and accessories. Columbia's GRT apparel is designed for rugged trekking, travelling and training, and is the company's most technical category of sportswear."Through his development of Columbia's Performance Fishing Gear (PFG), Dave has demonstrated a tremendous skill for combining technical fabrics and features with functional apparel." Masin said. "Under the leadership of Mark, Sherrie and Dave, Columbia will have the best offering of functional, technical sportswear in the industry."Founded in 1938 in Portland, Ore, Columbia Sportswear Company is a global leader in the design, manufacture, marketing and distribution of active outdoor apparel and footwear. To learn more about Columbia Sportswear, please visit the company's website at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack