USA: Columbia Sportswear Makes Management Changes
International outdoor apparel and footwear manufacturer Columbia Sportswear Company (Nasdaq:COLM) today announced the promotion of Mark Sandquist to general manager of sportswear merchandising. For the past six years Sandquist served as the men's sportswear merchandise manager.Columbia also announced the promotion of Sherrie Curtin to merchandise manager of both men's and women's sportswear. Curtin previously managed the women's category for the company."Columbia's sportswear division is one of the company's fastest-growing parts of the business in terms of both sales and profitability," said Bob Masin, general merchandising manager. "Both Mark and Sherrie have been instrumental in building this portion of our business, and their leadership and expertise will play a crucial role in the continued success of our sportswear category."In addition, the management of Columbia's Performance GRT sportswear category has been assigned to Dave Robinson, general manager of hunting, fishing and accessories. Columbia's GRT apparel is designed for rugged trekking, travelling and training, and is the company's most technical category of sportswear."Through his development of Columbia's Performance Fishing Gear (PFG), Dave has demonstrated a tremendous skill for combining technical fabrics and features with functional apparel." Masin said. "Under the leadership of Mark, Sherrie and Dave, Columbia will have the best offering of functional, technical sportswear in the industry."Founded in 1938 in Portland, Ore, Columbia Sportswear Company is a global leader in the design, manufacture, marketing and distribution of active outdoor apparel and footwear. To learn more about Columbia Sportswear, please visit the company's website at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020