USA: Columbia Sportswear Names Tung Global Sales Chief
Active outerwear and footwear giant Columbia Sportswear Co on Tuesday named William Tung as its new director of international sales and operations to replace the retiring Greg Barron.
The Oregon-based firm said Tung will be responsible for establishing and maintaining an international distribution and licensing network for the sale of its apparel and footwear around the world.
It added he was most recently regional director of The Body Shop International Plc based in the UK, and before that spent seven years with footwear firm The Rockport Company in Asian and European regional management roles.
"With overall international sales climbing, Tung will be an asset as Columbia continues to leverage the brand in markets outside the US," said Columbia president and CEO, Tim Boyle, in a statement.
"We look forward to benefiting from his expertise and experience."
Sportswear major Reebok has clinched a deal with the National Lacrosse League (NLL) that allows it to kit out all league teams with uniforms, footwear, apparel, and equipment....
Outdoor clothing firm Columbia Sportswear has suffered a 3.1 per cent slip in third-quarter net profit on decreases in outerwear and accessories demand....
Footwear maker Yue Yuen Industrial Holdings Ltd has established a safety shoes joint venture in partnership with Upmax Investments Ltd. ...
Footwear group Deckers Outdoor Corporation has appointed Colin Clark as senior vice president - international, effective on 1 September 2005....
Active apparel business Columbia Sportswear Company has appointed ex-Nike manager Mark Koppes to the newly created position of general merchandise manager, men's apparel....
Columbia Sportswear Company has named Brad Gebhard as vice president of footwear as of October....
Active wear group Columbia Sportswear Company says that president of the Sorel division, Mike Prendergast, has quit the company with immediate effect....
TradeCard Inc, a provider of on-demand financial supply chain products, is being used by Columbia Sportswear Company to automate trade transactions with international suppliers from purchase order del...
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020