SOUTH KOREA: Columbia Sportswear names unit head
Columbia Sportswear Company has appointed Hyung-Rae (HR) Cho as the new general manager of its wholly owned Korean subsidiary, with immediate effect.
Cho takes over at the company’s Seoul offices from SR Cho (no relation), who has been Columbia’s general manager for Korea for the past 25 years.
HR Cho has more than 20 years of experience in the Korean market, most recently as Levi Strauss’ general manager of Korea, and previously with Gillette and subsidiary Braun.
Cho will report to Bill Tung, vice president of Latin America/Asia Pacific for Columbia, who said: “HR brings a wealth of experience in international brand and retail management, and I am confident our brands will benefit from his vision and leadership.”
Featured reports from just-style's research store this week include a look at global technical textiles, a report on the clothing and footwear market in Russia, and a company profile on Foot Locker....
The next phase of production trials for apparel products made using the Crailar Flax fibre is about to get underway after the final large-scale commercialisation trial with Barnhardt Manufacturing was...
Michael McCormick, executive vice president of global sales and marketing at outdoor apparel and footwear firm Columbia Sportswear, has resigned for personal reasons....
A US court is set to decide later this month whether to go ahead with a lawsuit involving Columbia Sportswear and Innovative Sports over technology used to produce heated clothing....
Outdoor apparel and footwear firm Columbia Sportswear has signed a joint venture deal with Swire Resources to expand the company's Mountain Hardwear brand in China....
Clothing and footwear firms including Nike, Marks & Spencer, Levi Strauss and Walmart are among those backing a new tool designed to measure sustainability and environmental impact across the industry...
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Retailers warned of high volatility in Brexit wake
- Lies and statistics – the sustainability version
- Columbia rain jacket a milestone in sustainability
- Myanmar factories prepare for compliance training
- Alliance cuts ties with three more factories
- Online fabric platform to "revolutionise" buying
- ILO decent work in global supply chains criticised
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Denmark