US: Columbia Sportswear posts 38% Q1 sales growth
- Q1 net sales increase 11% to $333.1
- Net income up 38%
- Full year 2011 net sales forecast to increase 14 to 16%
Outdoor footwear and apparel firm Columbia Sportswear Company has boosted its first quarter profit on the back of double-digit sales growth during the period.
As of March 31, Fall 2011 wholesale backlog was a record $860.8m, the company said, 19% higher than Fall 2010 wholesale backlog. This included a 2 percentage point positive effect from changes in foreign currency exchange rates.
Tim Boyle, Columbia’s president and chief executive officer, said: “Our strong first quarter results and record Fall 2011 wholesale backlog clearly indicate that the innovations, enhanced designs and compelling marketing communications behind each of our major brands are resonating with customers and consumers around the world.”
Strong growth in international markets helped apparel group Columbia Sportswear Company to report a 29% surge in third quarter profit and double-digit sales growth....
Outdoor apparel, footwear firm Columbia Sportswear Company has expanded its online presence with the launch of new Columbia and Sorel branded e-commerce sites in Canada and eight European countries....
The following is a round-up of apparel and footwear news from the world's local media. just-style has not checked these stories so cannot guarantee their accuracy....
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- Mexico makers bullish on Trump's proposed tariffs
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack