US: Columbia Sportswear posts 38% Q1 sales growth
- Q1 net sales increase 11% to $333.1
- Net income up 38%
- Full year 2011 net sales forecast to increase 14 to 16%
Outdoor footwear and apparel firm Columbia Sportswear Company has boosted its first quarter profit on the back of double-digit sales growth during the period.
As of March 31, Fall 2011 wholesale backlog was a record $860.8m, the company said, 19% higher than Fall 2010 wholesale backlog. This included a 2 percentage point positive effect from changes in foreign currency exchange rates.
Tim Boyle, Columbia’s president and chief executive officer, said: “Our strong first quarter results and record Fall 2011 wholesale backlog clearly indicate that the innovations, enhanced designs and compelling marketing communications behind each of our major brands are resonating with customers and consumers around the world.”
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Strong growth in international markets helped apparel group Columbia Sportswear Company to report a 29% surge in third quarter profit and double-digit sales growth....
Outdoor apparel, footwear firm Columbia Sportswear Company has expanded its online presence with the launch of new Columbia and Sorel branded e-commerce sites in Canada and eight European countries....
The following is a round-up of apparel and footwear news from the world's local media. just-style has not checked these stories so cannot guarantee their accuracy....
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report