US: Columbia Sportswear Q4 profit soars on sales boost
- Q4 net profit up 40% to US$36.7m
- Net sales up 15% to $526.1m
- Expects slowdown in fiscal 2012
Double-digit sales growth helped outdoor apparel business Columbia Sportswear to record a 40% surge in net profit in 2011 – but the company expects slower growth in 2012.
The performance helped the company to record a 14% rise in full-year sales and a 34% increase in net profit.
“In 2011, we achieved many of the financial and operational goals we set at the beginning of the year, despite unfavourable weather and a challenging macro-economic backdrop,” said Columbia president and CEO Tim Boyle.
Key brands Columbia, Sorel and Mountain Hardwear all recorded double-digit growth in the year, as did each of the company’s international regions.
However, Boyle said the company expected only low single-digit sales growth during fiscal 2012, thanks to unusually warm weather and the challenging macro-economic environment.
Outdoor wear brand Columbia Sportswear has reported narrower net losses during the second quarter on the back of rising sales....
Outdoor apparel and footwear firm Columbia Sportswear has urged Lane County Circuit Court to dismiss a lawsuit claiming the company used Innovative Sports' technology to produce heated clothing....
A new apparel cooling technology described by its developer Columbia Sportswear as "groundbreaking" and a "game-changer", is set to launch next spring after a four-year development effort....
Eddie Bauer today (5 June) named Michael Egeck as president and CEO of the company, replacing interim CEO David Chamberlain who will remain a member of the company's board....
- What the EU-Vietnam trade deal means for duties
- Ultimate frontier Myanmar uplifts Bogart Lingerie
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- US apparel import growth led by Bangladesh
- Esquel backs Chinese Sea Island cotton production
- Sears looks to lift apparel via sourcing changes
- Direct sourcing helps M&S narrow the gap with Next
- Eco-friendly garment factory opens in Bangladesh
- Clothing and sports chains in activewear battle
- Nike accelerates digital strategy with new hire
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Practical Price Negotiation
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020