US: Columbia Sportswear Q4 profit soars on sales boost
- Q4 net profit up 40% to US$36.7m
- Net sales up 15% to $526.1m
- Expects slowdown in fiscal 2012
Double-digit sales growth helped outdoor apparel business Columbia Sportswear to record a 40% surge in net profit in 2011 – but the company expects slower growth in 2012.
The performance helped the company to record a 14% rise in full-year sales and a 34% increase in net profit.
“In 2011, we achieved many of the financial and operational goals we set at the beginning of the year, despite unfavourable weather and a challenging macro-economic backdrop,” said Columbia president and CEO Tim Boyle.
Key brands Columbia, Sorel and Mountain Hardwear all recorded double-digit growth in the year, as did each of the company’s international regions.
However, Boyle said the company expected only low single-digit sales growth during fiscal 2012, thanks to unusually warm weather and the challenging macro-economic environment.
Outdoor wear brand Columbia Sportswear has reported narrower net losses during the second quarter on the back of rising sales....
Outdoor apparel and footwear firm Columbia Sportswear has urged Lane County Circuit Court to dismiss a lawsuit claiming the company used Innovative Sports' technology to produce heated clothing....
A new apparel cooling technology described by its developer Columbia Sportswear as "groundbreaking" and a "game-changer", is set to launch next spring after a four-year development effort....
Eddie Bauer today (5 June) named Michael Egeck as president and CEO of the company, replacing interim CEO David Chamberlain who will remain a member of the company's board....
- Why have US FTA imports fallen to a record low?
- Hanesbrands sourcing to cut Pacific Brands costs
- Why China makers are moving out or moving online
- Collaboration key to the future of smart textiles
- First figures show Bangladesh exports climb
- Li & Fung divests Asia distribution business
- US looks to boost trade with Sri Lanka
- US Q1 in brief: Wolverine Worldwide, Weyco
- Vietnam textile sector calls for strategy update
- Lindex planning supplier sustainability scorecard