US: Columbia Sportswear recalls more battery packs
Outdoor apparel and footwear firm Columbia Sportswear has recalled more of the battery packs sold with some of its electrically heated jackets, over fears they could overheat and pose a fire hazard.
The voluntary recall covers 66 batteries sold with 33 electric jackets, and includes Omni-Heat lithium-polymer rechargeable batteries. Two battery packs were included in each jacket.
The jackets the batteries were in include Electro Amp Jacket (SM7864) and Circuit Breaker Softshell (SM7855) for men as well as the Circuit Breaker Softshell (SL7856), Snow Hottie Jacket (SL7866), and Snow Hottie Parka (SL7853) for women.
Columbia Sportswear received one report of an overheating battery in Europe but no incidents or injuries were reported in the US.
The battery packs were sold by at Columbia Sportswear stores in the US and online between September and November for US$260.
The batteries were originally recalled in November 2011 after the company received one report of a battery overheating at its distribution facility in France.
Last December, Columbia also recalled a number of battery packs that were sold in Austria, France, Germany, Spain and the UK between June and November.
Companies: Columbia Sportswear Company
Columbia Sportswear is shifting to a joint venture model in China through a partnership with distributor Swire Resources. ...
Outdoor apparel footwear firm Columbia Sportswear has appointed former Mexx executive Shawn Cox to the newly-created position of senior vice president of retail....
Columbia Sportswear has lowered its full year sales outlook, despite first quarter net income soaring as cold weather helped it to liquidate additional fall season inventory. ...
A lawsuit that was filed against outdoor apparel and footwear firm Columbia Sportswear Company over its heated clothing has been withdrawn....
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Retailers warned of high volatility in Brexit wake
- Lies and statistics – the sustainability version
- Columbia rain jacket a milestone in sustainability
- Myanmar factories prepare for compliance training
- ILO decent work in global supply chains criticised
- Alliance cuts ties with three more factories
- Online fabric platform to "revolutionise" buying
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Denmark