US: Columbia Sportswear recalls more battery packs
Outdoor apparel and footwear firm Columbia Sportswear has recalled more of the battery packs sold with some of its electrically heated jackets, over fears they could overheat and pose a fire hazard.
The voluntary recall covers 66 batteries sold with 33 electric jackets, and includes Omni-Heat lithium-polymer rechargeable batteries. Two battery packs were included in each jacket.
The jackets the batteries were in include Electro Amp Jacket (SM7864) and Circuit Breaker Softshell (SM7855) for men as well as the Circuit Breaker Softshell (SL7856), Snow Hottie Jacket (SL7866), and Snow Hottie Parka (SL7853) for women.
Columbia Sportswear received one report of an overheating battery in Europe but no incidents or injuries were reported in the US.
The battery packs were sold by at Columbia Sportswear stores in the US and online between September and November for US$260.
The batteries were originally recalled in November 2011 after the company received one report of a battery overheating at its distribution facility in France.
Last December, Columbia also recalled a number of battery packs that were sold in Austria, France, Germany, Spain and the UK between June and November.
Companies: Columbia Sportswear
Columbia Sportswear is shifting to a joint venture model in China through a partnership with distributor Swire Resources. ...
Outdoor apparel footwear firm Columbia Sportswear has appointed former Mexx executive Shawn Cox to the newly-created position of senior vice president of retail....
Columbia Sportswear has lowered its full year sales outlook, despite first quarter net income soaring as cold weather helped it to liquidate additional fall season inventory. ...
A lawsuit that was filed against outdoor apparel and footwear firm Columbia Sportswear Company over its heated clothing has been withdrawn....
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- Gap bullish on China growth opportunities
- US Q2 in brief: Guess, PVH, Abercrombie & Fitch
- Gap restructuring weighs on Q2 as profit falls 34%
- Luen Thai to continue investment in Vietnam
- Ralph Lauren debuts biometic smart shirt
- China market woes could hit consumer spending
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019