USA: Columbia Sportswear Signs License Agreement
Columbia has ventured into the thermal underwear market, which is estimated to be worth around $438.5m, to complement its current outdoor range.
"High quality primary layers are a critical component of outdoor apparel, and consumers are now looking for ways to enhance and improve their options," said Tim Boyle, Columbia's president and chief executive officer.
"Terramar has developed one of the most comprehensive collections of primary layering garments on the market, which is a natural extension of our product line. We are very excited about the opportunity to work with them," he continued.
The company sought a lincense agreement with Terramar arther than looking to produce the garments in house to ensure that the garments were up to the highest standards possible.
"While thermal underwear and other layering pieces complement our current collection of outdoor apparel, production of these items doesn't necessarily fit into Columbia's manufacturing competency," Boyle said.
"Terramar has an impressive reputation for producing high-quality products, so to help ensure our success in this category, we chose to team up with a known industry expert," he added.
Companies: Columbia Sportswear Company
Outdoor clothing firm Columbia Sportswear has suffered a 3.1 per cent slip in third-quarter net profit on decreases in outerwear and accessories demand....
Active apparel business Columbia Sportswear Company has appointed ex-Nike manager Mark Koppes to the newly created position of general merchandise manager, men's apparel....
Columbia Sportswear Company has named Brad Gebhard as vice president of footwear as of October....
Active wear group Columbia Sportswear Company says that president of the Sorel division, Mike Prendergast, has quit the company with immediate effect....
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack