Columbia Sportswear taps VF exec to lead global manufacturing
Woodside has taken on the new role of vice president of global manufacturing
Woodside will be responsible for the company's global supply chain for apparel, footwear, accessories and equipment.
With more than 25 years of experience in footwear and apparel manufacturing, he joins Columbia from VF Corp, where he served as vice president of global footwear, overseeing global footwear sourcing and manufacturing.
Prior to this, Woodside spent 23 years at sporting goods giant Nike, leading apparel and footwear manufacturing operations.
In addition, Stuart Redsun has been appointed to the new role of chief marketing officer, responsible for developing global consumer marketing programmes for the company's namesake, Sorel and Montrail brands.
He most recently served as senior vice president of global brand marketing for performance apparel, footwear and accessories brand Under Armour.
The appointments follow the pending retirements of current vice president of global apparel manufacturing, Patrick Werner, and vice president of global marketing, Dan Hanson.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Japanese sporting goods giant Asics has hired Gene McCarthy, the former president of Merrell, to lead its largest region as Asics America CEO, following the retirement of Kevin Wulff....
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report