US: Columbia Sportswear urges court to dismiss lawsuit
Outdoor apparel and footwear firm Columbia Sportswear has urged Lane County Circuit Court to dismiss a lawsuit claiming the company used Innovative Sports' technology to produce heated clothing.
Columbia Sportswear has argued the case because Eugene-based Innovative Sports has no lawyer to support it after two lawyers rejected the opportunity to represent the company.
The filing added that the alleged "secrets" and "confidential" information were not confidential because Innovative Sports and its business partners published this information.
In addition, Columbia produced a 12-minute telephone recording in which Innovative Sports CEO Colby Taylor tried to obtain information from the outdoor apparel firm under false pretences.
A spokesperson for Columbia Sportswear told just-style: "The primary reason behind our request for dismissal, consistent with our position from the outset, is that the plaintiff's claims are baseless and frivolous."
The lawsuit against Columbia Sportswear was originally filed on 27 March. At the time, a spokesperson for the company said: "We are not believing it has any merit."
The complaint related to Columbia Sportswear's Omni-Heat Electric heated apparel line and its discontinued 2009 heated jackets collection.
Outdoor apparel and footwear business Columbia Sportswear lowered its fourth quarter sales and earnings forecasts, blaming reduced customer traffic and mild weather....
Delta Galil Industries is to be the exclusive licensee of Columbia Sportswear's global sock business beginning with the autumn 2013 season....
Outdoor apparel and footwear firm Columbia Sportswear has recalled more of the battery packs sold with some of its electrically heated jackets, over fears they could overheat and pose a fire hazard....
Singapore-based apparel company Ocean Sky is set to be acquired by Luen Thai Holdings for US$55m. ...
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- Cost biggest barrier to Bangladesh RMG remediation
- Bad sourcing blamed for pressure on retail margins
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Ten key trends in apparel and footwear markets
- Bangladesh firm comes top in World Textile Awards
- Columbia rain jacket a milestone in sustainability
- Primark continues US expansion with third store
- $360m logistics investment to benefit Bangladesh
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts
- Nike Inc in Apparel and Footwear (World)