US: Columbia teams up with Jeffrey New York
US outdoor apparel firm Columbia Sportswear Company has teamed up with Jeffrey Kalinsky, founder of Jeffrey New York and EVP of designer merchandising for fashion retailer Nordstrom, to launch a collection of men's outerwear and footwear.
The line includes a down jacket, down vest, fleece pullover, fleece jacket and hiking boot with retail prices from US$180.00 to $495.00. The line will be available exclusively at Jeffrey New York in mid-September as well as at five Nordstrom locations.
Columbia President and CEO Tim Boyle said: "We're thrilled to be able to create an elevated, luxurious product that will blend with the performance needs and aesthetic standards of Jeffrey's discerning, urban clients."
"We try to always buy and create the perfect product for our clients, so we are all very excited about this collaboration," Kalinsky added.
Premium and value were the big winners as US retailers reported their all-important December sales results yesterday (5 January)....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' December 2011 sales results....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' November 2011 sales results....
Growth in US same-store sales appeared to cool in October as weather and economic malaise weighed on retailers, putting extra pressure on businesses as they transition into the crucial holiday season....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' October 2011 sales results....
US spending over the holiday period is set to top levels last seen before the recession, according to research from consultancy firm Consumer Growth Partners....
New York-based fabric supplier Olah Inc has set up new Canadian headquarters which are being headed by fashion industry veteran Debbie Mazur....
US department store operator Nordstrom has reported a jump in second-quarter net profit on the back of strong sales growth over the period....
- Gap and H&M back Myanmar path to labour reform
- Levi Strauss raises the bar on sustainability
- Nike reaffirms US production commitment
- Can technology shape a sustainable fashion future?
- H&M faces margin pressure on dollar impact
- Talks progressing on Myanmar minimum wage
- Fast Retailing supplier continues strike talks
- Hugo Boss in talks over supplier labour claims
- Myanmar minimum wage set at US$3.2 per day
- Far Eastern to invest $323m in Vietnam textile hub
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: The EU - May 2015
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide