US: Columbia teams up with Jeffrey New York
US outdoor apparel firm Columbia Sportswear Company has teamed up with Jeffrey Kalinsky, founder of Jeffrey New York and EVP of designer merchandising for fashion retailer Nordstrom, to launch a collection of men's outerwear and footwear.
The line includes a down jacket, down vest, fleece pullover, fleece jacket and hiking boot with retail prices from US$180.00 to $495.00. The line will be available exclusively at Jeffrey New York in mid-September as well as at five Nordstrom locations.
Columbia President and CEO Tim Boyle said: "We're thrilled to be able to create an elevated, luxurious product that will blend with the performance needs and aesthetic standards of Jeffrey's discerning, urban clients."
"We try to always buy and create the perfect product for our clients, so we are all very excited about this collaboration," Kalinsky added.
Premium and value were the big winners as US retailers reported their all-important December sales results yesterday (5 January)....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' December 2011 sales results....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' November 2011 sales results....
Growth in US same-store sales appeared to cool in October as weather and economic malaise weighed on retailers, putting extra pressure on businesses as they transition into the crucial holiday season....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' October 2011 sales results....
US spending over the holiday period is set to top levels last seen before the recession, according to research from consultancy firm Consumer Growth Partners....
New York-based fabric supplier Olah Inc has set up new Canadian headquarters which are being headed by fashion industry veteran Debbie Mazur....
US department store operator Nordstrom has reported a jump in second-quarter net profit on the back of strong sales growth over the period....
- Can Gap maintain its momentum minus Larsson?
- Private label sourcing faces range of pressures
- What clothing could the TPP X-basket contain?
- Patagonia's CSR commitments re-shaping the sector
- Zalando: profit is so last season
- Update: Negotiators agree landmark TPP trade deal
- New CEO may focus on Ralph Lauren supply chain
- H&M falling behind on Bangladesh factory safety?
- Nike collaborates on low-impact textile challenge
- Unions agree proposed Cambodia minimum wage
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020