US: Columbia teams up with Jeffrey New York
US outdoor apparel firm Columbia Sportswear Company has teamed up with Jeffrey Kalinsky, founder of Jeffrey New York and EVP of designer merchandising for fashion retailer Nordstrom, to launch a collection of men's outerwear and footwear.
The line includes a down jacket, down vest, fleece pullover, fleece jacket and hiking boot with retail prices from US$180.00 to $495.00. The line will be available exclusively at Jeffrey New York in mid-September as well as at five Nordstrom locations.
Columbia President and CEO Tim Boyle said: "We're thrilled to be able to create an elevated, luxurious product that will blend with the performance needs and aesthetic standards of Jeffrey's discerning, urban clients."
"We try to always buy and create the perfect product for our clients, so we are all very excited about this collaboration," Kalinsky added.
Premium and value were the big winners as US retailers reported their all-important December sales results yesterday (5 January)....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' December 2011 sales results....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' November 2011 sales results....
Growth in US same-store sales appeared to cool in October as weather and economic malaise weighed on retailers, putting extra pressure on businesses as they transition into the crucial holiday season....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' October 2011 sales results....
US spending over the holiday period is set to top levels last seen before the recession, according to research from consultancy firm Consumer Growth Partners....
New York-based fabric supplier Olah Inc has set up new Canadian headquarters which are being headed by fashion industry veteran Debbie Mazur....
US department store operator Nordstrom has reported a jump in second-quarter net profit on the back of strong sales growth over the period....
- Supply chain takeaways from Sourcing at MAGIC
- Cotton supply chain transparency an ongoing issue
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- No simple way to be sustainable, says SAC CEO
- Denim and athleisure top picks for back-to-school
- H&M takes action over Myanmar child labour breach
- Vietnam garment industry calls for strategy update
- US Q2 in brief - Sears, Burlington, Tilly's
- Zara USA faces US$5m deceptive pricing lawsuit
- Li & Fung eyes supply chain speed in 3-year plan
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory