SWITZERLAND: Columbia to open branded retail store in London
Columbia Sportswear Company has signed a lease for a new branded store on London's
Kensington High Street.
The outdoor apparel company said that its new store, which will occupy 292 square meters, is expected to open in September 2009.
"We're very excited about locating a Columbia-branded store in London, one of the premier retail shopping destinations in Europe and the capital of the UK. Kensington High Street is considered one of the best places within London to shop for outdoor products," said Christian Finell, general manager Europe, Columbia Sportswear Company.
Columbia said the London store was part of a strategy to establish a network of branded stores in key metropolitan markets around the world.
Earlier this year Columbia confirmed reports it would open a flagship store in Toronto, Canada.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Outdoor equipment and clothing company Mountain Hardwear Inc, a unit of Columbia Sportswear, has named Kirk Richardson as interim president while it seeks a permanent replacement for co-founder and pr...
Columbia Sportswear Company has reported a fall in net sales and income for its third quarter, though the results were better than expected....
Outdoor clothing retailer Columbia Sportswear Company has announced the appointment of Adrienne Lefebre Moser to a newly created position of general manager, apparel merchandising for the Columbia bra...
Columbia Sportswear has appointed former Lucywear design vice president Kathleen McNally has the company's new creative director for apparel....
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Walmart snaps up online fashion firm ModCloth
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective