USA: Columbia Tops Sports Apparel Sales List
Using the most current point-of-sale data compiled from the nation's leading sporting goods retailers, department stores and specialty stores, SportsTrend.Info each week tracks exactly what products consumers are purchasing, as well as where and when.
The top-selling apparel, in dollars sold, for the week ending November 12, 2000:
1. Columbia Sportswear Co Double Whammy men's ski parka
2. Columbia Sportswear Co Fire Ridge/blue large men's ski parka
3. Adidas America, Inc AHG Exercise/Fitness Jacket
4. Columbia Sportswear Co Double Whammy women's ski parka
5. Columbia Sportswear Co Bugaboo Light Grey men's ski parka
This week's list of top-selling apparel, based on dollars sold, is led by Columbia Sportswear Co, with four of the top five selling products for the week.
Topping the sales chart this week is the Columbia Sportswear Co Double Whammy men's ski parka. Last week's number two product made a dramatic rise, increasing sales by more than 68 per cent to become the week's top-selling product by a wide margin. Another Columbia product making a sizeable sales increase is the Columbia Sportswear Co Fire Ridge/blue large men's ski parka. The Columbia ski parka was a very popular item with consumers, increasing sales by more than 46 per cent to vault from seventh last week to its current number two spot.
At number three is the Adidas AHG Exercise/Fitness Jacket. The Adidas jacket increased sales for the fourth consecutive week to remain one of the nation's top-selling products.
Two additional Columbia products rank fourth and fifth this week, the Double Whammy women's ski parka and the Bugaboo Light Grey men's ski parka. Both jackets made significant sales increases to provide Columbia Sportswear a stranglehold on this week's list. Overall, the four top-selling Columbia products combined to increase sales by more than 54 per cent from the previous week.
Companies: Columbia Sportswear Company
Although Ukraine has the potential to be the top East European clothing supplier to Western Europe, the industry's growth is hampered by a lack of foreign investment. But this could be about to change...
Textiles and clothing make up Thailand's largest manufacturing industry, with more than 4,500 factories employing over one million people. The sector accounts for approximately 20 per cent of total em...
Sportswear giant adidas' American subsidiary has named Russ Hopcus as senior vice president of sales....
Sportswear giant Adidas-Salomon AG says it plans to record football-related sales of more than €1 billion in 2006, with percentage growth in the two-digit range....
Sportswear company Adidas-Salomon AG, which this week announced it was selling its Salomon winter sports goods arm, says it predicts sales and profits to continue to rise during 2006, Dow Jones report...
Knit and apparel maker Fanco says the termination of its supply deal with sportswear giant Adidas will cause a €6.0 million loss in 2005....
TradeCard Inc, a provider of on-demand financial supply chain products, is being used by Columbia Sportswear Company to automate trade transactions with international suppliers from purchase order del...
Sportswear giant Adidas-Salomon AG has lost out in a feud over whether athletes can wear garments featuring its three-stripe logo at the Olympic Games....
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020