UK: Comdaq.net Launches Polyester Filament Yarn Exchange
Comdaq.net, the exchange for physicals, today brought its number of live online product exchanges to five with the launch of a web-based trading engine for polyester filament yarns. Polyester is now the world's most popular fibre by volume, and the polyester yarn exchange is the first of a series of 'live' trading exchanges allowing full online negotiation of domestic and international orders in polyester, nylon, spun and elastane yarns for the textile industry. This launch also marks the establishment of a new Comdaq division specialising in a wide range of yarns and fibres, which has targeted a number of additional products for launch in the near future. Colin Smith, formerly of Filtec (UK), is responsible for day-to-day trading and operations of the fibres and yarns sites. A 14-year veteran of the fibres industry, Mr Smith said: "The original idea for this site was conceived in February 2000.Having that vision realised in October the same year is testament to the speed with which Comdaq is responding to developments in technology." Clive Furness, trading and market development director of Comdaq.net, said: "We are extremely pleased to have Colin driving the development of the fibres division and look forward to a rapid expansion of the product base."Comdaq.net will have 10 online product exchanges live by the end of October, with the addition of gold and precious metals, and a range of sites in the agricommodities sector.For further information and registrations please visit the company website at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective