UK: Comdaq.net Launches Polyester Filament Yarn Exchange
Comdaq.net, the exchange for physicals, today brought its number of live online product exchanges to five with the launch of a web-based trading engine for polyester filament yarns. Polyester is now the world's most popular fibre by volume, and the polyester yarn exchange is the first of a series of 'live' trading exchanges allowing full online negotiation of domestic and international orders in polyester, nylon, spun and elastane yarns for the textile industry. This launch also marks the establishment of a new Comdaq division specialising in a wide range of yarns and fibres, which has targeted a number of additional products for launch in the near future. Colin Smith, formerly of Filtec (UK), is responsible for day-to-day trading and operations of the fibres and yarns sites. A 14-year veteran of the fibres industry, Mr Smith said: "The original idea for this site was conceived in February 2000.Having that vision realised in October the same year is testament to the speed with which Comdaq is responding to developments in technology." Clive Furness, trading and market development director of Comdaq.net, said: "We are extremely pleased to have Colin driving the development of the fibres division and look forward to a rapid expansion of the product base."Comdaq.net will have 10 online product exchanges live by the end of October, with the addition of gold and precious metals, and a range of sites in the agricommodities sector.For further information and registrations please visit the company website at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020