BANGLADESH: Commerce Minister Calls On US To Lift Quotas
Bangladeshi Commerce Minister, Amir Khasru Mahmud Chowdhury, was due to arrive in the US on Monday in an attempt to persuade officials to abolish import quotas on Bangladeshi garments. Mr Chowdhury is expected to spend the whole of his five day visit to the US lobbying on behalf of his country's textile industry which has witnessed a dramatic slump in foreign orders since the September 11 attacks.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- "Buy American, Hire American" to guide Trump trade
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- Patagonia launching circular economy platform
- Trump signs order to withdraw from TPP
- Auditing "in need of reinvention" says new project
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022