BANGLADESH: Commerce Minister Calls On US To Lift Quotas
Bangladeshi Commerce Minister, Amir Khasru Mahmud Chowdhury, was due to arrive in the US on Monday in an attempt to persuade officials to abolish import quotas on Bangladeshi garments. Mr Chowdhury is expected to spend the whole of his five day visit to the US lobbying on behalf of his country's textile industry which has witnessed a dramatic slump in foreign orders since the September 11 attacks.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- Bangladesh slips as US imports decline in October
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- World cotton price prospects lifted again
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores