US: Companies partner on eco-friendly comfort shoes
A new eco-friendly comfort shoe collection is being launched by Simple Shoes, a division of Deckers Outdoor Corp, and retailer The Walking Company as part of an initiative to highlight efforts across the comfort shoe industry to incorporate eco-friendly materials and production techniques.
PlanetWalkers by Simple will be available through The Walking Company's 190 stores in the US and online, as part of a month-long 'Sustainable Comfort' promotion in mid-July.
"PlanetWalkers are for those who want to tread lightly on the planet without compromising comfort and style," said Angel Martinez, CEO of Deckers Outdoor Corp.
The collection, for both men and women, features premium leather from certified BLC and ISO 14001 tanneries.
PlanetWalkers' outsoles are moulded with a blend of 60% latex rubber and 40% recycled car tyre composite.
Cork and recycled compression moulded EVA make up the midsole while ground recycled car tyre and Ortholite footbeds provide the insole with proper arch support.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Deckers Outdoor Corporation has bought high-end casual footwear company Tsubo LLC for $6m....
Big Dog Holdings has widened its first quarter net loss to US$4.98m from $4.14m in the same period last year, and announced a change to its corporate name....
Deckers Outdoor Corporation saw first quarter earnings per share lift 17.8% after impressive growth for the company's UGG footwear brand....
Footwear maker Deckers Outdoor Corporation has named Thomas R Hillebrandt as chief financial officer, replacing Zohar Ziv who was promoted to chief operating officer in December....
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts