AUSTRALIA: Companies Team Up To Create Anti-Microbial Fabric
Foss Manufacturing and HealthShield Technologies in the USA have joined forces in an attempt to develop a hi-tech fabric that is infused with an anti-bacterial agent during the manufacturing process.The alliance follows a recent study conducted by the University of Arizona which showed that approximately 10-20 per cent of fabrics coming out of washing machines were contaminated with the potentially deadly E-Coli, salmonella or Hepatitis A bacterias.The anti-bacterial agent can be blended into fabrics like cotton, wool, polyester, nylon and acrylic and is believed to withstand consistent washing. Foss Australia can be reached on (03) 9543 5533 and HealthShield Technologies has its website at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report