FRANCE: Comptoir des Cotonniers names COO
Abadie-Truchet will focus on the global management of the Comptoir des Cotonniers
French fashion retailer Comptoir des Cotonniers, which is owned by Japan's Fast Retailing, has appointed Chrystel Abadie-Truchet to the newly-created role of COO.
Abadie-Truchet will focus on the global management of the Comptoir des Cotonniers brand, including design, merchandising, marketing and retail operations. She will report to Elisabeth Cunin, CEO of the Comptoir des Cotonniers and Princesse Tam Tam brands.
"Thanks to her wealth of experience in the management of international brands, not just from a design and image perspective, but also in terms of commercial strategy and international deployment, Chrystel Abadie-Truchet will be able to offer Comptoir des Cotonniers expertise that will take the brand to a new stage in its global development," said Elisabeth Cunin, president of Comptoir des Cotonniers and Princesse Tam Tam.
Abadie-Truchet has previously worked for Yves Saint Laurent Parfums and perfume and cosmetics firm Puig Group.
Despite the financial storm clouds that have disrupted Europe's economy over the past few years, the continent's luxury apparel sector has proved remarkably resilient, with global demand for their pro...
French apparel group PPR has entered into an agreement to sell its US plus size business OneStopPlusGroup to private equity firms Charlesbank Capital and Webster Capital as it works to focus on its lu...
Fast Retailing, which operates the Uniqlo brand, is to acquire a majority stake in fashion firm J Brand as it looks to strengthen its position in the US....
Fast Retailing's Uniqlo and Theory brands have teamed up to design and manufacture a collection of down jackets and vests for men and women....
Japanese casual clothing retailer Uniqlo has today (2 November) blamed a fall in October same-store sales on persistently warm weather, which stifled demand for autumn and winter garments....
French retail group PPR has reported "satisfactory" third-quarter sales growth, helped by rising revenue at its luxury brands....
Fast Retailing, which operates the Uniqlo brand, has said it expects sales to top JPY1trn in 2013 as it continues to grow aggressively outside of its Japanese home market. ...
- Patagonia's CSR commitments re-shaping the sector
- Can Gap maintain its momentum minus Larsson?
- Brands back Cambodia industry-wide wage bargaining
- Can robotics redefine apparel manufacturing?
- Athletic players well positioned amid disruption
- Unions agree proposed Cambodia minimum wage
- New CEO may focus on Ralph Lauren supply chain
- Patagonia ramps up Fair Trade Certified apparel
- Adidas unveils “game-changing” recycling project
- Nike collaborates on low-impact textile challenge
- The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields