FRANCE: Comptoir des Cotonniers names COO
Abadie-Truchet will focus on the global management of the Comptoir des Cotonniers
French fashion retailer Comptoir des Cotonniers, which is owned by Japan's Fast Retailing, has appointed Chrystel Abadie-Truchet to the newly-created role of COO.
Abadie-Truchet will focus on the global management of the Comptoir des Cotonniers brand, including design, merchandising, marketing and retail operations. She will report to Elisabeth Cunin, CEO of the Comptoir des Cotonniers and Princesse Tam Tam brands.
"Thanks to her wealth of experience in the management of international brands, not just from a design and image perspective, but also in terms of commercial strategy and international deployment, Chrystel Abadie-Truchet will be able to offer Comptoir des Cotonniers expertise that will take the brand to a new stage in its global development," said Elisabeth Cunin, president of Comptoir des Cotonniers and Princesse Tam Tam.
Abadie-Truchet has previously worked for Yves Saint Laurent Parfums and perfume and cosmetics firm Puig Group.
Despite the financial storm clouds that have disrupted Europe's economy over the past few years, the continent's luxury apparel sector has proved remarkably resilient, with global demand for their pro...
French apparel group PPR has entered into an agreement to sell its US plus size business OneStopPlusGroup to private equity firms Charlesbank Capital and Webster Capital as it works to focus on its lu...
Fast Retailing, which operates the Uniqlo brand, is to acquire a majority stake in fashion firm J Brand as it looks to strengthen its position in the US....
Fast Retailing's Uniqlo and Theory brands have teamed up to design and manufacture a collection of down jackets and vests for men and women....
Japanese casual clothing retailer Uniqlo has today (2 November) blamed a fall in October same-store sales on persistently warm weather, which stifled demand for autumn and winter garments....
French retail group PPR has reported "satisfactory" third-quarter sales growth, helped by rising revenue at its luxury brands....
Fast Retailing, which operates the Uniqlo brand, has said it expects sales to top JPY1trn in 2013 as it continues to grow aggressively outside of its Japanese home market. ...
- Enthusiasm for tech in outdoor apparel on rise
- Expensive US dollar hitting H&M sourcing costs
- 2015: Welcome to the new fashion consumer
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- Kanati pulls production out of Pakistan
- Gap to close Piperlime division
- Hanesbrands invests $1.5m in US hosiery plant
- US takes final step to WTO TFA implementation
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead