Cone Denim sells premium denim in smaller quantities
The White Oak Shop sells Cone Denim's latest selvage styling
US textile major Cone Denim has launched an online portal dedicated to offering premium selvage denims in smaller quantities.
The White Oak Shop, named after Cone Denim's White Oak mill, sells the group's latest selvage styling, in addition to tools and information to educate newer designers about the intricacies of working with authentic vintage denim.
More specifically, Whiteoakshop.com allows visitors to view selvage specifications; purchase select styles; learn about the denim manufacturing process, inherent character woven into the fabric, and guidelines for cutting selvage garments; and explore the history of Cone Denim and White Oak.
"The White Oak Shop is very exciting and opens the opportunity for us to work directly with denim enthusiasts and aspiring designers via the Internet who were previously limited by minimum order quantities," said Kara Nicholas, vice president product design and marketing. "Vintage constructions from American Draper fly shuttle looms are not available anywhere else in the world, fuelling the natural passion and inspiration for denim designers and their connection to White Oak."
The White Oak mill has produced denim since 1905 and is known for having developed long chain indigo dyeing, denim sanforisation and Cone's Deeptone Denim, introduced in 1936. Today, it re-creates vintage selvage denim woven on American Draper X-3 fly shuttle looms, and houses the group's R&D innovation centre.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Invista's high performance Cordura fibre is rolling out more partnerships as part of its 50th anniversary celebrations - the latest of which include new products produced with Woolrich and Cone Denim....
International Textile Group (ITG), owner of Burlington and Cone Denim, has been acquired by Platinum Equity through a completed merger with an affiliate of the private equity firm. ...
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Brandix rolls out Tukatech systems
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar