USA: Cone Mills Ends Exclusive 501s Deal, Eyes Turkish JV
Textile giant Cone Mills will no longer be the exclusive supplier of denim for Levi's 501s and is holding talks about setting up a joint venture with a Turkish denim producer to sell denim in Europe, it was reported on Thursday.
The Greensboro News & Record newspaper said Cone and Levi Strauss have amended a 1992 deal to allow Levi Strauss to buy denim for 501s from other sources beginning March 30, 2003. Cone will also be allowed to sell 501-style denim to other firms.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020