USA: Cone Mills To Develop Private E-Market
Implementation of the i2 TradeMatrix platform and i2 TradeMatrix Demand Planner is under way. Combined, the two are designed to enable collaborative supply chain management for Cone Mills' customers and suppliers. Additionally, i2 solutions are designed to support advanced business processes within Cone Mills to increase customer service levels.
"Supply chain cost reduction is the core purpose of our B2B initiatives," said Tom Gmitter, Cone Mills' chief information officer. "The development of our private e-marketplace provides our customers a means to collaborate with us to reduce inefficiencies and extraneous costs out of our respective supply chains. We are confident the i2 TradeMatrix platform will enable us to improve our already established industry leadership position in regards to overall customer value."
About Cone Mills
Cone Mills Corporation, headquartered in Greensboro, N.C., has manufacturing facilities in North Carolina and South Carolina, with a joint venture denim plant in Coahuila, Mexico.
Founded in 1988, i2's mission is to deliver $75bn in value to its customers by 2005. i2 is headquartered in Dallas, has more than 5,000 employees and maintains offices worldwide. Visit i2's website at www.i2.com.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- US Q4 in brief – PVH Corp, J Crew, Perry Ellis
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- PVH Corp to acquire e-commerce retailer True&Co
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective