CHINA: Consortium Announces Retail Marketplace
A consortium of Chinese political, economic, manufacturing, and retail partners today announced the formation of a far-reaching retail marketplace that will electronically link over 50,000 suppliers, manufacturers, and retailers in the Asia region. Consortium members include the China Federation of Industrial Economics, the National Integrated Company of Hualian Commercial Building, Ltd, SumStar Group Corp, Beijing Sanhe Commercial Affairs Develop Co Ltd, Multiple International Investment Co Ltd, Pacific Asia Corporation, and, Beijing Cexin Investment Consulting Co Ltd. Terms of the agreement were not disclosed.The new retail exchange will automate the end-to-end processes for sourcing, procurement, logistics, and payments in China's domestic marketplace and also for retailers in North America and Europe who are sourcing product out of China and other Asian countries. It is the first time the formation of an electronic trading community has been launched with the active participation and support of retail industry interests, government agency involvement, buyers, sellers, and a retail industry applications provider. In addition to Retek, the retail industry applications provider that will be running the exchange, other principal members of the consortium include: -
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- US Q4 in brief – VF Corp, Kate Spade, Rocky Brands
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar