CHINA: Consumers “embracing green products”
Consumers in China have a growing understanding of “green” products and have more confidence in them than their North American counterparts, according to a new survey.
The 'DuPont China Green Living Survey: Consumer Awareness and Adoption of Biobased Products,' found that the majority of Chinese consumers were likely to buy apparel and other products made from biobased ingredients that offer environmental benefits.
Some 70% voiced confidence in the environmental claims of green products, above the rate recorded in a similar survey conducted last year in North America, but only four in 10 said they were very or somewhat familiar with green products.
“The survey demonstrates a growing awareness and desire among urban Chinese consumers for green products that offer sustainability benefits,” said Jeremy Xu, vice president, global sales and applications, DuPont Industrial Biosciences.
“Greater adoption of biobased products in China could help the country reduce its energy intensity and carbon emissions and advance a new era of green manufacturing.”
This report is the first in a series of three in which the world's top 40 nonwovens producers are profiled. The report provides updated information and data about the activities and strategies of Ahls...
The third edition examines, in depth, the strategies of the world's leading technical textiles companies, and analyses the major changes to the industry brought about by the ongoing financial crisis o...
The threats posed by chemicals and other hazardous substances are greater than ever. The need for personal protection has been clearly demonstrated over the past two decades by the large number of inc...
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- Retailers voice concerns on Scottish independence
- Next H1: What the analysts say
- H&M goes green with Conscious Denim
- TPP talks "make progress" but issues remain
- Brandix selects first "game-changing" innovations
- Adidas defends position despite investor unrest
- Ultrasonic execs disappear along with company cash
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details