CHINA: Consumers “embracing green products”
Consumers in China have a growing understanding of “green” products and have more confidence in them than their North American counterparts, according to a new survey.
The 'DuPont China Green Living Survey: Consumer Awareness and Adoption of Biobased Products,' found that the majority of Chinese consumers were likely to buy apparel and other products made from biobased ingredients that offer environmental benefits.
Some 70% voiced confidence in the environmental claims of green products, above the rate recorded in a similar survey conducted last year in North America, but only four in 10 said they were very or somewhat familiar with green products.
“The survey demonstrates a growing awareness and desire among urban Chinese consumers for green products that offer sustainability benefits,” said Jeremy Xu, vice president, global sales and applications, DuPont Industrial Biosciences.
“Greater adoption of biobased products in China could help the country reduce its energy intensity and carbon emissions and advance a new era of green manufacturing.”
This report is the first in a series of three in which the world's top 40 nonwovens producers are profiled. The report provides updated information and data about the activities and strategies of Ahls...
The third edition examines, in depth, the strategies of the world's leading technical textiles companies, and analyses the major changes to the industry brought about by the ongoing financial crisis o...
The threats posed by chemicals and other hazardous substances are greater than ever. The need for personal protection has been clearly demonstrated over the past two decades by the large number of inc...
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- INTERVIEW: David Nieper pushes Made in UK momentum
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Is China's dream becoming a nightmare scenario?
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- European MEPs call for more TTIP transparency
- ILO backs Burma project to improve work practices
- UN rights expert urges further Cambodia reforms
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies