USA: Converse Gets $30m Offer
A newly formed investment group, Amasia Capital, LLC, has delivered a formal 'expression of interest' to acquire a controlling interest in sneaker and apparel manufacturer Converse Inc (OTC Symbol: CVEO - news). Amasia, which is represented by the investment banking firm of Universal Credit Corp (UCC), wrote to Converse management on Wednesday, August 30, 2000, offering $30m for a 'controlling interest' in Converse. Leon Black's Apollo Investment Fund, which owns a controlling interest in Converse, was also sent a copy of the letter. Amasia Capital, LLC is backed by a leading national brand management and licensing group. Brands owned and managed by Amasia Capital's affiliates generate in excess of $3.5bn of sales at retail. Amasia believes its offer is far superior to any existing offer made to Converse's shareholders and creditors. According to the letter sent to Converse and Apollo, Amasia said it would provide $30m to be used, among other things, for working capital for Converse. UCC is best known for its recent engineering of the leveraged buyout of Bill Blass Ltd and the innovative AAA bond financing for US performing rights Society SESAC.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Adidas raises the bar for North America sales
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- US Q4 in brief – PVH Corp, J Crew, Perry Ellis
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- PVH Corp to acquire e-commerce retailer True&Co
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective