THAILAND: Converse Renews Distributor's Contract, Plans Growth
Converse Inc, the US maker of All Star athletic shoes, has renewed a five-year contract with its Thai distributor, Tactic Marketing. The renewal comes as the two firms launch a new initiative to revitalise the image of All Star footwear and regain market share and consumer loyalty. Tactic Marketing will invest to increase the capacity of its production plant, and five new stand-alone shops are planned for Bangkok this year, on top of the four existing stores. Each shop will cost more than one million baht to set up said Chertchai Prasongphonchai, Tactic's marketing director.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts