THAILAND: Converse Renews Distributor's Contract, Plans Growth
Converse Inc, the US maker of All Star athletic shoes, has renewed a five-year contract with its Thai distributor, Tactic Marketing. The renewal comes as the two firms launch a new initiative to revitalise the image of All Star footwear and regain market share and consumer loyalty. Tactic Marketing will invest to increase the capacity of its production plant, and five new stand-alone shops are planned for Bangkok this year, on top of the four existing stores. Each shop will cost more than one million baht to set up said Chertchai Prasongphonchai, Tactic's marketing director.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- Bangladesh slips as US imports decline in October
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- World cotton price prospects lifted again
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores