US: Converse sets sights on Boston HQ
Converse will relocate its corporate headquarters to Boston, Massachusetts in April 2015
The company has signed a long-term lease with co-developers Related Companies and Boston-based Beal Companies for commercial space in 160 North Washington Street.
The new headquarters will be renovated specifically for Converse to support its long-term business growth.
The existing building will be demolished and replaced with approximately three-quarters of an acre of publicly-accessible space as well as a 186,000 sq ft two-story building, which will be constructed and occupied by Converse.
"Converse was founded a few miles outside of Boston more than 100 years ago and we are honored to be part of this thriving business community and the city's well known cultural hub of innovation and creativity," said Converse president and CEO Jim Calhoun.
Given their rapid evolution over recent years, it is difficult to predict where ERP and PLM will be a few years from now. Increased compatibility, cloud-based systems, social media mining, and on-dema...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include the launch of Nike's new app to help designers focus on sustainability, mounting pressure for Gap and Walmart to join the safety accord, and a loo...
Sportswear giant Nike has called for an inquiry by the Cambodian government into a dispute between police and thousands of garment workers at a factory it sources from....
Sportswear giant Nike has reported a 22% hike in fourth-quarter net profit, driven by higher sales and improved margins....
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Brexit Trade Focus – How a CANZ-UK FTA stacks up
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- How virtual garments could shape fashion retail
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- EU and US dispute China raw materials duties
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape