US: Converse sets sights on Boston HQ
Converse will relocate its corporate headquarters to Boston, Massachusetts in April 2015
The company has signed a long-term lease with co-developers Related Companies and Boston-based Beal Companies for commercial space in 160 North Washington Street.
The new headquarters will be renovated specifically for Converse to support its long-term business growth.
The existing building will be demolished and replaced with approximately three-quarters of an acre of publicly-accessible space as well as a 186,000 sq ft two-story building, which will be constructed and occupied by Converse.
"Converse was founded a few miles outside of Boston more than 100 years ago and we are honored to be part of this thriving business community and the city's well known cultural hub of innovation and creativity," said Converse president and CEO Jim Calhoun.
Given their rapid evolution over recent years, it is difficult to predict where ERP and PLM will be a few years from now. Increased compatibility, cloud-based systems, social media mining, and on-dema...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include the launch of Nike's new app to help designers focus on sustainability, mounting pressure for Gap and Walmart to join the safety accord, and a loo...
Sportswear giant Nike has called for an inquiry by the Cambodian government into a dispute between police and thousands of garment workers at a factory it sources from....
Sportswear giant Nike has reported a 22% hike in fourth-quarter net profit, driven by higher sales and improved margins....
- TPP: now the real fight starts
- Why TPP implementation is far from a done deal
- Private label sourcing faces range of pressures
- Cambodia leads US apparel import growth in August
- Can Gap maintain its momentum minus Larsson?
- Update: Negotiators agree landmark TPP trade deal
- Nike debuts new fabric for adaptive breathability
- New Bangladesh labour rules draw union criticism
- H&M falling behind on Bangladesh factory safety?
- Vietnam releases new textile dye regulations
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020