USA: Cool Weather Impacts On AnnTaylor Sales
Women's fashion chain AnnTaylor Stores Corp on Thursday posted a 5.2 per cent fall in May same-store sales as unseasonal colder weather had an adverse impact on sales of warm weather apparel.
The operator of Ann Taylor and Ann Taylor Loft stores said in a statement that total sales in the four weeks to June 1 climbed 5.5 per cent to $115.3 million and margins improved thanks to solid sales of full-priced fashions.
For the year ahead, the company said it still sees earnings of 25-27 cents a share for the second quarter, 45-46 cents for the third quarter and 32-33 cents for the fourth quarter, with full-year earnings seen in the range of $1.47 to $1.51. It sees a low-single-digit percentage decline in same-store sales for the second quarter.
"Sales were negatively affected by cooler than normal temperatures coupled with a reduced demand on our non-full price product, especially at the Loft division," said chairman Patrick Spainhour.
Companies: AnnTaylor Stores
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Women's wear retailer Ann Taylor is to open 75 new stores this year after breaking the US$2bn sales barrier during a much-improved 2005....
Ladies' wear retailer AnnTaylor Stores has more than doubled its third-quarter profit on improved inventory management and merchandise, but said quarterly sales missed forecasts....
Supply chain information company Industry Forum is holding a workshop on fast fashion on 30 November 2005, which looks at the example of Spain-based high-street chain Zara's success with high speed to...
American Eagle Outfitters Inc has announced that Joan Hilson Sr and Dale Clifton will take on the duties of executive vice president and chief financial officer following the resignation of Laura Weil...
Women's specialty retailer Ann Taylor Stores Corporation has named Ronald Hovsepian as non-executive chairman of the board, effective upon the retirement of J Patrick Spainhour as chairman and chief e...
Upmarket ladies' wear retailer AnnTaylor Stores Corp has secured a trademark license agreement with clothing maker Guangzhou Pan Yu San Yuet Fashion Manufactory Ltd....
The following is a general roundup of apparel and shoe chains' July sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
The following is a general roundup of apparel and shoe chains' May sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
- Outlook 2017 – What else is the industry watching?
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Outlook 2017 – Strategies for sourcing success
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- Outlook 2017 – Challenges and opportunities
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- 22 dos and dont's – When sourcing goes wrong
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- Update - Bangladesh "business as usual"
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar