INDIA: Coromandel Workers Plan Company Take-Over
Workers at struggling Coromandel Garments Ltd have appealed to the Indian Government's Board for Industrial and Financial Reconstruction (BIFR) to consider their bid to take over the business. A group of employees has formed the Tata Coromandel Garments Employees Co-operative Industrial Society Ltd (TCG-ECIS), and put together plans to rejuvenate the company and raise the necessary funds to carry out their plans. The group has also submitted a proposal to the operating agency, the Bank of Baroda, and has taken steps to register itself as a Workers Industrial Co-operative Society.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Sears, Vince Holding, Genesco
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth