USA: Corporate Apparel Giant Posts Q2 Earnings Rise
The Minneapolis-based firm, which makes, rents and sells uniforms for over 100,000 customers, reported net income of $9.5 million, or 46 cents a share, in the quarter ended December 29, 2001, compared with $8m, or 39 cents a share in 2000.
In a statement, G&K said second quarter revenue rose three per cent to $155.7m, from $150.8m in the year-ago period.
It added it expects the economy to remain soft during its fiscal third quarter, with a modest improvement in the fourth quarter.
Companies: G&K Services
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
In this, her second report on Thailand's textile industry, Niki Tait looks at projects aimed at preparing Thai manufacturers for the global market and assesses the sector's post-quota future....
Quality Corrections & Inspections (QCI) has opened a new sales office in DongGuan, GuangDong, China to update local footwear and apparel factories about its repair and inspection services in the US....
Uniform and career apparel provider Aramark Uniform Services has acquired the industrial textile rental business of Alac Garment Services, adding an estimated 650 customers to its customer base....
UK store group Marks and Spencer is teaming up with online retail giant Amazon to sell its clothing over the internet....
Surging textile imports helped push the US trade deficit to an all-time high of $61.04 billion in February. According to figures released by the Commerce Department, for the first two months of 2005, ...
Infosys Technologies Ltd has been chosen by children's apparel company Kids Headquarters to help the company comply with existing mandates from major retailers....
Comfort footwear company RG Barry Corporation has entered into a new $35 million committed asset-based lending agreement with CIT Commercial Services, a unit of CIT Group Inc....
Clothing retailer Burlington Coat Factory Warehouse Corporation has selected Inovis Catalogue to centralise and synchronise product data, as well as to improve communications....
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Where next for Corporate Human Rights Benchmark?
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- World Bank commits $57bn to sub-Saharan Africa
- Target unveils "ambitious" store re-design plans
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective