ITALY: Cortefiel allies with Gruppo Coin
Spain’s Grupo Cortefiel has unveiled an expansion strategy for the Italian market, partnering with leading department store operator Gruppo Coin.
Part of the apparel retailer’s global expansion strategy, the openings in Coin stores are described as “the first phase” in the two companies’ collaboration.
Women’secret has opened a store-in-store in a Coin outlet in Mestre, followed by Springfield conducting a similar exercise in Genoa, Piacenza, Vicenza and Pordenone.
“Our Springfield and Women’secret brands are now in more than 60 countries, and expansion into Italy, which holds a key strategic position in the fashion world, was crucial for our future growth,” said Grupo Cortefiel CEO Juan Carlos Escribano.
Senior executives from across the global apparel industry supply chain will be heading to Hong Kong at the end of next month for the annual Prime Source Forum, which this year aims to help companies t...
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"