ITALY: Cortefiel allies with Gruppo Coin
Spain’s Grupo Cortefiel has unveiled an expansion strategy for the Italian market, partnering with leading department store operator Gruppo Coin.
Part of the apparel retailer’s global expansion strategy, the openings in Coin stores are described as “the first phase” in the two companies’ collaboration.
Women’secret has opened a store-in-store in a Coin outlet in Mestre, followed by Springfield conducting a similar exercise in Genoa, Piacenza, Vicenza and Pordenone.
“Our Springfield and Women’secret brands are now in more than 60 countries, and expansion into Italy, which holds a key strategic position in the fashion world, was crucial for our future growth,” said Grupo Cortefiel CEO Juan Carlos Escribano.
Senior executives from across the global apparel industry supply chain will be heading to Hong Kong at the end of next month for the annual Prime Source Forum, which this year aims to help companies t...
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- US Q3 in brief - Under Armour, VF Corp, Skechers
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020