SPAIN: Cortefiel Bidders Reach Acquisition Deal - Sources
Retail operator Cortefiel SA's bidders have reached an agreement to jointly acquire the business, according to sources cited by media reports.
Buyout companies PAI Partners and Permira will split Cortefiel's assets with rival suitor CVC Capital Partners, reports said.
CVC's Coral Retail Industries SL Unipersonal had offered a €17.9-per-share bid for the Spanish retailer, while PAI-Permira's MEP Retail Espana SL Unipersonal launched a bid of €18.40 per share.
An original agreement between CVC and 55.7 per cent of Cortefiel's shareholders stated that the deal could be broken only if a rival bid worth over €19.33 per share was received.
MEP's bid depended on acceptances from shareholders constituting 75 pct of Cortefiel, but PAI and Permira have reportedly received financial backing from ING, JP Morgan and Royal Bank of Scotland to lower the acceptance level to 25.01 per cent.
According to the terms of the new deal, PAI and Permira will acquire the business under an offer ending 8 August, with CVC planning to purchase around a third of the retailer's assets the next day.
Madrid-based Cortefiel is Spain's second-largest fashion chain, selling clothing at over retail 1,100 locations.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Spanish retailer Cortefiel SA's provisional first-quarter net profit rose to €16.9 million from €9.7m in the same period last year, Spanish GAAP reported....
The Spanish stock market regulator has given the go-ahead to private equity company CVC's bid offer for clothing retailer Cortefiel....
Spanish retailer operator Cortefiel SA may use its option to buy 60 per cent of textile producer Antonio Miro earlier than planned, the Cinco Dias newspaper reported, quoted unnamed sources from the t...
Spanish retail group Cortefiel SA has opened a new franchise of its men's clothing division in Kiev, Ukraine....
Spanish retailer Cortefiel SA's chairman Gonzalo Hinojosa says that is will bar any counterbids made for its shares in order to accept CVC Capital's €17.9 per share offer, the Bolsacinco website repor...
Spain's Hinojosa and Garcia Quiroz families, the founding entrepreneurs behind Spanish retail giant Cortefiel, have agreed to sell their 52 per cent stake to CVC European Equity Partners, the UK-based...
Retail group Cortefiel SA says that a €1.4 billion takeover bid from CVC Capital Partners Ltd has been accepted by Cortefiel's controlling families....
Spanish retail group Cortefiel has received a bid offer from Coral Retail Industries, according to CNMV stock market regulator....
- Li & Fung eyes speed, innovation & digitalisation
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- 3D CAD comes of age
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Labour rights risk Bangladesh EU trade benefits?
- US Q4 in brief – G-III Apparel, Finish Line
- Apparel group Sae-A opens second school in Haiti
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack