SPAIN: Cortefiel H1 Profit Jumps To €15.1m
Spanish fashion retailer Cortefiel has recorded a first-half net profit of €15.1 million, boosted by improved inventory management, better prices and more negotiating power with suppliers.
Gross margin, which sets sales against the cost of production, was up to 56.1 per cent from 51.3 per cent in the same period of 2003 the firm said in a statement on Tuesday.
Like-for-like sales increased 3 per cent from the first half of 2003, while total sales rose 4.7 per cent to €424 million.
Earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation rose 47.1 per cent to €49.1m, whilst sales rose 4.7 per cent to €42m Cortefiel added.
Companies: Cortefiel SA
Spanish retailer Cortefiel SA's provisional first-quarter net profit rose to €16.9 million from €9.7m in the same period last year, Spanish GAAP reported....
The Spanish stock market regulator has given the go-ahead to private equity company CVC's bid offer for clothing retailer Cortefiel....
Spanish retailer operator Cortefiel SA may use its option to buy 60 per cent of textile producer Antonio Miro earlier than planned, the Cinco Dias newspaper reported, quoted unnamed sources from the t...
Spanish retail group Cortefiel SA has opened a new franchise of its men's clothing division in Kiev, Ukraine....
Spanish retailer Cortefiel SA's chairman Gonzalo Hinojosa says that is will bar any counterbids made for its shares in order to accept CVC Capital's €17.9 per share offer, the Bolsacinco website repor...
Spain's Hinojosa and Garcia Quiroz families, the founding entrepreneurs behind Spanish retail giant Cortefiel, have agreed to sell their 52 per cent stake to CVC European Equity Partners, the UK-based...
Retail group Cortefiel SA says that a €1.4 billion takeover bid from CVC Capital Partners Ltd has been accepted by Cortefiel's controlling families....
Spanish retail group Cortefiel has received a bid offer from Coral Retail Industries, according to CNMV stock market regulator....
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020