US: Costs push Gymboree Corporation to Q3 net loss
- Q3 net loss of US$24.4m
- Sales down 0.5%
Gymboree reported a net loss of US$24.4m
Tax impacts and acquisition adjustments pushed The Gymboree Corporation to a net loss in the third quarter, while sales declined.
The children's apparel retailer reported a net loss of US$24.4m in the three months ended 2 November. This compared to a profit of $4.9m a year earlier.
Adjusted for items such as losses on asset disposal, write-downs and acquisition-related adjustments, EBTIDA was down 27.7% to $33.9m.
Revenues for the quarter were $309.8m, a decrease of 0.5% compared to $311.5m for the same quarter last year. Comparable sales were down 4% .
For the fiscal year ending 1 February, the company expects adjusted EBITDA to be in the range of $125m to $130m. Comparable sales are forecast to be down mid-single digits compared to last year.
Denim giant Levi Strauss & Co has appointed Craig Nomura as its new president of retail to support growth....
Childrenswear in Canada industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profile also contains desc...
Childrenswear in the United States industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profile also co...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Children's Wear in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Boys Wear, Girls Wear, and Infants & Toddlers Wear. The report provides separate compre...
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- Tesco takes second stab at US market with F&F
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- Tesco FY results: What the analysts say
- Adidas China supplier in discussions over strike
- Bangladesh PM asks clothing buyers to pay more
- Jones CEO to depart as Sycamore splits business
- Workers strike at Adidas supplier shoe factory
- Bangladesh clothing exports to Japan to hit $1bn
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Jeans in Italy
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects