US: Costs weigh on Billabong H1
- H1 net loss narrows to AUD126.3m
- Sales slide 4.6% to AUD667m
- Sales from continuing operations up 3% to AUD579.8m
Billabong has been mired in uncertainty and under-performance for over a year
Australian surfwear brand Billabong has booked its fourth consecutive half-yearly loss as reconstruction costs and weakness in its international operations weighed on earnings.
The company, which has been mired in uncertainty and under-performance for over a year, posted a net loss of AUD126.3m (US$113.6m) in the six months to the end of December. This, however, narrowed from a loss of AUD536.6m a year earlier.
The result included restructuring and refinancing costs, in addition to writedowns relating to the sale of its West 49 and DaKine businesses. Excluding these, Billabong made a profit of AUD6.3m, down from AUD19.2m a year ago.
Revenue slid 4.6% to AUD667m from AUD702.3m in the year ago period due to the disposals. Sales from continuing operations were up 3% to AUD579.8m.
In the group's international operations, sales in Australasia were down 12.3% to AUD272.5, while Europe sales fell 4.9% to AUD98.5m.
Billabong International Ltd. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and ......
Australian surfwear brand Billabong is positioning its supply chain on the GT Nexus' cloud-based platform to support the transformation of its wholesale and retail businesses....
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Billabong International Ltd anticipates that the current challenging trading conditions and difficult retail landscape in Australia will continue over the coming financial year. Despite reporting sale...
Introduction Womenswear in Australia industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The pr......
Introduction Menswear in Australia industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The prof......
Apparel Retail in Australia industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile als...
- SOURCING: Production problems weigh on Pakistan
- What next for smart fabrics and garments?
- Smart sportswear faces mass production challenges
- Frank Henke discusses Adidas sustainability agenda
- Lesotho risks garment job losses if AGOA lapses
- “Unsafe” Bangladesh factory refuses to evacuate
- Cambodia labour abuse claims disputed
- Major Ethiopia textile build experiences delays
- Garment factory tool to improve communication
- RFID adoption among retailers near “tipping point”
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019