UK: Cotswold Outdoor posts "robust" full-year sales
Cotswold Outdoor saw double digit like-for-like sales growth during December
Strong trading during December helped UK clothing and accessories retailer Cotswold Outdoor to book robust like-for-like sales growth in 2012.
The company, which sells brands including Jack Wolfskin, The North Face and Helly Hansen, said full-year sales increased 14% year-on-year, with "robust" like-for-like sales growth.
December was a particularly strong month with double digit like-for-like sales growth, the group said. The increase was helped by the launch of its Click and Collect service and rising online sales.
Commenting on the results, chief executive Hans Falkenburg said: "We've had an outstanding 2012 and have now hit the GBP100m (US$154.8m) mark in a year of recession. We're looking forward to further success ahead of our fortieth anniversary next year."
A month after unveiling its new five-year growth plan, VF Corporation chairman and CEO Eric Wiseman said the company was "right on track" when unveiling a healthy set of second quarter results....
VF Corp saw second quarter adjusted net income rise on the back of growing margins and rising sales. ...
- What the EU-Vietnam trade deal means for duties
- Ultimate frontier Myanmar uplifts Bogart Lingerie
- US apparel import growth led by Bangladesh
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- Esquel backs Chinese Sea Island cotton production
- Sears looks to lift apparel via sourcing changes
- Direct sourcing helps M&S narrow the gap with Next
- Eco-friendly garment factory opens in Bangladesh
- Clothing and sports chains in activewear battle
- Nike accelerates digital strategy with new hire
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Practical Price Negotiation
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020