UK: Cotswold Outdoor posts "robust" full-year sales
Cotswold Outdoor saw double digit like-for-like sales growth during December
Strong trading during December helped UK clothing and accessories retailer Cotswold Outdoor to book robust like-for-like sales growth in 2012.
The company, which sells brands including Jack Wolfskin, The North Face and Helly Hansen, said full-year sales increased 14% year-on-year, with "robust" like-for-like sales growth.
December was a particularly strong month with double digit like-for-like sales growth, the group said. The increase was helped by the launch of its Click and Collect service and rising online sales.
Commenting on the results, chief executive Hans Falkenburg said: "We've had an outstanding 2012 and have now hit the GBP100m (US$154.8m) mark in a year of recession. We're looking forward to further success ahead of our fortieth anniversary next year."
A month after unveiling its new five-year growth plan, VF Corporation chairman and CEO Eric Wiseman said the company was "right on track" when unveiling a healthy set of second quarter results....
VF Corp saw second quarter adjusted net income rise on the back of growing margins and rising sales. ...
- Software solutions enhance speed and visibility
- Portugal footwear makers underpin industry growth
- Supply chain weighs on Kering's green footprint
- Texprocess & Techtextil 2015: Material innovations
- What Marks & Spencer's numbers mean for clothing
- China to reduce apparel import taxes
- Q1 apparel results in brief: DSW, Chico's
- Gap brand sales continue to fall short
- New black dye meets sustainability standards
- Call for probe into Philippines factory fire