UK: Cotswold Outdoor posts "robust" full-year sales
Cotswold Outdoor saw double digit like-for-like sales growth during December
Strong trading during December helped UK clothing and accessories retailer Cotswold Outdoor to book robust like-for-like sales growth in 2012.
The company, which sells brands including Jack Wolfskin, The North Face and Helly Hansen, said full-year sales increased 14% year-on-year, with "robust" like-for-like sales growth.
December was a particularly strong month with double digit like-for-like sales growth, the group said. The increase was helped by the launch of its Click and Collect service and rising online sales.
Commenting on the results, chief executive Hans Falkenburg said: "We've had an outstanding 2012 and have now hit the GBP100m (US$154.8m) mark in a year of recession. We're looking forward to further success ahead of our fortieth anniversary next year."
A month after unveiling its new five-year growth plan, VF Corporation chairman and CEO Eric Wiseman said the company was "right on track" when unveiling a healthy set of second quarter results....
VF Corp saw second quarter adjusted net income rise on the back of growing margins and rising sales. ...
- Myanmar - right time, right place, new challenges
- 3D printing gears up for fashion industry change
- Apparel working conditions linked to profit
- H&M adds transparency to yarn and fabric mills
- Morocco plans to grow fast fashion exports
- Cambodia growth to slow on competition and cost
- China cotton imports to rise as Xinjiang cuts crop
- Adidas launches "lightest ever" football boot
- Crystal first China licensee of RevoLaze tech
- Thailand project to vertically integrate clothing