UK: Cotswold Outdoor posts "robust" full-year sales
Cotswold Outdoor saw double digit like-for-like sales growth during December
Strong trading during December helped UK clothing and accessories retailer Cotswold Outdoor to book robust like-for-like sales growth in 2012.
The company, which sells brands including Jack Wolfskin, The North Face and Helly Hansen, said full-year sales increased 14% year-on-year, with "robust" like-for-like sales growth.
December was a particularly strong month with double digit like-for-like sales growth, the group said. The increase was helped by the launch of its Click and Collect service and rising online sales.
Commenting on the results, chief executive Hans Falkenburg said: "We've had an outstanding 2012 and have now hit the GBP100m (US$154.8m) mark in a year of recession. We're looking forward to further success ahead of our fortieth anniversary next year."
A month after unveiling its new five-year growth plan, VF Corporation chairman and CEO Eric Wiseman said the company was "right on track" when unveiling a healthy set of second quarter results....
The growing interest in nature and outdoor activities coupled with an increased awareness of the importance of maintaining a healthy lifestyle has raised the profile of the performance outdoor apparel...
VF Corp saw second quarter adjusted net income rise on the back of growing margins and rising sales. ...
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Tesco's H1 profit plunge: What the analysts say
- Asos FY profit drop: What the analysts say
- Cambodia clothing factory collapse injures eight
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- H&M and The North Face commit to responsible down
- Bangladesh taps factory inspectors ahead of review
- Collapsed Cambodia factory had structural issues
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre