UK: Cotswold Outdoor posts "robust" full-year sales
Cotswold Outdoor saw double digit like-for-like sales growth during December
Strong trading during December helped UK clothing and accessories retailer Cotswold Outdoor to book robust like-for-like sales growth in 2012.
The company, which sells brands including Jack Wolfskin, The North Face and Helly Hansen, said full-year sales increased 14% year-on-year, with "robust" like-for-like sales growth.
December was a particularly strong month with double digit like-for-like sales growth, the group said. The increase was helped by the launch of its Click and Collect service and rising online sales.
Commenting on the results, chief executive Hans Falkenburg said: "We've had an outstanding 2012 and have now hit the GBP100m (US$154.8m) mark in a year of recession. We're looking forward to further success ahead of our fortieth anniversary next year."
A month after unveiling its new five-year growth plan, VF Corporation chairman and CEO Eric Wiseman said the company was "right on track" when unveiling a healthy set of second quarter results....
The growing interest in nature and outdoor activities coupled with an increased awareness of the importance of maintaining a healthy lifestyle has raised the profile of the performance outdoor apparel...
VF Corp saw second quarter adjusted net income rise on the back of growing margins and rising sales. ...
- Wearable technology a key trend for 2015
- Retailers react to India forced labour allegations
- Moisture management fabrics enter a new era
- Mexico urges fast-fashion brands to source locally
- COMMENT: Innovation is the name of the game
- Hazardous chemicals found in children's products
- VF rolls out plan to eliminate harmful chemicals
- October "a scary month" for US apparel retailers
- UK Primark supplier goes into administration
- Raising the minimum wage may reduce employment